Chapter 27

The Chamberlain started to come out of the drug. He whimpered as he woke up and got his bearings. He found he wasn't tied down or anything, but when his vision focused, he rubbed his head and he saw he was in a cage. He looked around the room and didn't recognize it.

He saw his cage was big enough for him to lay in. It was about 30×40 square feet. He focused more and pushed himself to his feet. He went up to the front of the bars and was about to put his hands on it.

"I wouldn't touch those bars if I were you." Demona came out of the corner.

Sil's eyes widened.

"Demona? Why am here? Where is here?" Sil demanded.

"That's not important. But you've got some explaining to do." she replied.

Sil didn't listen about the bars. He put a hand on a bar and instant electricity burned his hand. He screamed in pain, and held it with the other. He glared at her.

"I warned you." she said.

"What you want with Chamberlain?"

"So, is that your name?" Sevarius asked as he came from around the gargess.

"Who you?" Sil demanded.

"I am Dr. Anton Sevarius. As for you, quite a regal name, for whatever you are." the man said.

"Skeksis, I am." Sil replied. "What you want?"

"To find out more about you. We certainly don't have anything like you on our planet Earth, natively."

"I know. Come back with Brooklyn when he get transported to my planet."

"I brought him back, Sevarius. I saw him come back on Brooklyn's back that night." Demona said.

"Another world? Intriguing." Sevarius grinned evilly.

"How about letting Chamberlain out of cage?" he declared.

"That all depends. You attacked me last time we met." Demona stated.

"You try to force me to come with you. I choose clan, not you." Sil glared.

"Tell me, Chamberlain, are you the only one of your kind here?" Sevarius asked.

Sil could remember what Owen was telling him about this human. He had said not to trust him. He could do who knows what with his DNA.

"Yes. No others here."

"If you are the last of your kind, that's devastating to hear. We could learn more about your species with more." Sevarius said.

"From what I know of humans, not much different than Skeksis in ways. Much in common with what know." Sil exclaimed.

"You sure don't look like us." the man replied.

"Not have to. Skeksis dominate our world. We tell other beings what to do." Sil stated.

"How old are you, really?" Demona asked.

"Not telling." Sil looked the other way. "Long lived."

"We could always get answers about you if you were dead." Sevarius warned him.

Sil turned back to him. "NO! Skeksis no good dead!"

"Why do you say that?" Demona asked.

Sil replied. "No good for answers. Please, not kill Chamberlain." Sil generally had little to fear, but death was the one thing that he did fear.

"Well then, keep talking." Demona ordered.

"Think you hear quite enough." Sil growled.

"Are you the last of your kind?" Sevarius demanded.