Chapter 28

Sil knew he would have to take it easy with touching things the next few days because of his burned hand. This time, there would be no essence to heal it. It would have to heal on its own. Proper cleans and bandaging kept it healing.

Sil's own clan always thought he was a big baby when it came to his injuries, how he reacted to pain. And maybe he was. He just really wanted to keep his body fully intact, compared to what had happened to some of his other fellow Skeksis back on Thra. Ones like SkekNa and SkekTek. They both had lost their an eye to a peeper beetle as punishments. SkekNa had even lost an arm. SkekTek had also amputated one arm and one leg for his science studies. That was ridiculous. Sil definitely didn't want to end up like them.
...............

The clan began to wonder if the Chamberlain staying here at all was a good idea anymore. He had come a long way in the time he had been here, learning many Earth secrets and laws, but with some other humans and one of their own out there that might wish to do him harm for being what he was, it might be better if he went back to his own world soon. It lingered in their minds.
.................

Not long after, there came a night where Goliath, Broadway, and Lexington were patrolling and had caught up to a gang that was trying to rob a downtown jewelry store. The gang got away and the three gargoyles tried to get away too. Goliath and the two brothers split up.

Goliath ended up in a bad spot, getting hit back a big semi and stunned, but was found and arrested.

Lex and Broadway made it back to the castle, but their leader was nowhere to be seen. They thought he would catch up, or that he would find a safe place to sleep during the day.

Sil's hand had healed enough by now that he could go without the bandages on it, but there was still some scarring there.

Sunrise came and went for the gargoyles. At sunset, Sil was up there to greet them awake, then Elisa greeted him.

"Elisa, not see for while." Sil said.

"I'm here on accord that Goliath was arrested last night." she replied.

Sil flinched at that. "Arrested? How? Gargoyles usually good leaving scenes before police come."

"Not last night. They were seen running away from a jewelry store heist. Goliath said he saw street people in an alley that might be able to help clear his name." Elisa explained.

The sun finally went down and the clan roared to life.

"Hudson, Goliath's been arrested." Elisa exclaimed.

"I told you we should have stayed with Goliath!" Broadway said.

"I wanted to stay with him. You said he's a big boy, he can take care of himself." Lex retorted.

"I'll show you who's a big boy!" Broadway growled.

"Stop it you two. Save your fighting for when we go to rescue Goliath." Hudson ordered.

Sil didn't see the brothers at each other's throats very often. At least not Lex and Broadway.

"Goliath doesn't want to escape. He wants to stay till the trial and let the system prove his innocence." Elisa stated.

"That crazy! They'll crucify him!" Lex exclaimed.

"We got to bust him out!" Broadway agreed with him.

"NO! We must respect Goliath's wishes." Hudson declared.

"But what can we do? There must be something we can do to help." Brooklyn offered.

"Goliath said that there were street people near the store that saw what really happened. Maybe we can track them down." Elisa declared.

"Can Chamberlain help? Hand is better and want out of castle again." Sil said.