Chapter 16

Goliath was going to wait until Broadway and Sil got home before he would go to Elisa's apartment. He had a duty to make sure everyone of his clan was accounted for. He was grateful that they both were safe at Elisa's during that day.

Brooklyn really wanted to hang with Sil tonight. He had been out the last few nights on patrol. Goliath had been keeping him busy.

Soon, there was a figure on the way home in the light of the full moon. Then, it turned into two figures. Broadway came down and touched down with the Chamberlain on his back. Sil let go of him.

Angela came up and greeted Broadway. He hugged her.

"I missed you, Broadway." Angela said.

"I missed you too. You want to help me with breakfast?" Broadway replied.

"Sure." she stated. The two of them went off hand in hand.

"You going to Elisa's?" Sil asked Goliath.

"Yes. Now that I know that you and Broadway are safe. Enjoy the food. I'm heading there now." Goliath replied. "Brooklyn, you're in charge while I'm gone."

"Of course." the red male replied.

Then, Goliath spread his wings and took off to the same location that Sil and Broadway had just come from.

Hudson and Bronx were headed down to the TV room. Lex headed to see Alex. That left Brooklyn and Sil to themselves.

"Have a good time at Elisa's?" Brooklyn asked his friend.

"Yes. She is rather... informative to talk to." Sil admitted.

"Yeah. We learned much from her when we were the new ones here. Of course, we still are, but know much more. Angela is the newest gargoyle here." Brook explained.

"Elisa know how to cook good food too. Had long talk while Broadway sleep."

"So, now that you're home, what do you want to do?" Brooklyn asked.

"Wait on food first. But want to see paradise beneath castle tonight." Sil requested.

"Sure. It's worth visiting sometimes. It's like our very own version of Central Park."

The two of them went to the Great Hall while waiting for breakfast to get done. "I suppose we could go down there while we're still waiting for breakfast to get done." Brooklyn stated.

Sil agreed. They went to the elevator and went down.

The elevator took them to the paradise floor beneath the castle. Chamberlain was marveled at how it was. Even his own home hadn't quite had a place like this, though it had had its own gardens. It was much like Central Park alright.

"This was the place where the final showdown took place with Coldstone, Coldfire, and Coldsteel." Brooklyn said.

"Why so many Cold names?" Sil asked.

"Go figure. They were all deceased rookery siblings of Goliath. I was possessed by the evil one, Coldsteel. I hated every minute of it. I couldn't stop the things that he made me do." Brooklyn explained. "It was Puck that did everything, well, aside from Alex."

"Like what he make you do?"

"He tried to take out Lex. He used my body to try to take Angela, or Coldfire away. He was going to claim her as his mate. He had always wanted to do so. It seems I'm always the one that gets dragged down by the evilest ones. First, it was Demona trying to turn me against my clan, and then him. And females always choose another male instead of me. Even the clone female, Delilah chose my own clone, Malibu over me. Romantic relationships don't work for me for some reason." Brooklyn complained.