Chapter 17

Owen came to retrieve the Chamberlain a little while later. He knocked on his door.

"Who is?" came the reply.

"Owen. Sil, there's still more work to do." Owen reminded him.

"Be right there." Sil replied.

Sil listened and heard the man walk away. He didn't want to leave his room right now after his talk with David. But, when duty called, sometimes you just had to tough it out.

He went and worked for Owen through the mid-afternoon, and he was allowed to go to bed around three pm. He wanted to get some rest so he could be active when his friends were. He would talk to them tonight.
................

Later, Sil was up around seven thirty. It was getting close to sunset. At least he had gotten some sleep. He got up and went to go greet the gargoyles. He was already wearing the robes he wanted to after switching from the ones the night before after falling in the water. At least it had been in the summer instead of winter, and here at home.

He got up to the tower just as the sun set. Cracks on the statues started appearing, along with glowing eyes. Sil kept his distance. Goliath had made it back before sunrise.

After the roaring, yawning and stretching, they hopped down on the ground.

"Hi, Chamberlain." Angela greeted.

"Hi."

"Good to see you're feeling better." Brooklyn smiled at him.

"Am grateful to Brooklyn. Now, have something to discuss with clan." Sil proclaimed.

"What?" Broadway asked.

"This morning after you all sleeping, Xanatos bring up to me about something about blood collection you do." Sil explained.

"Oh, we do that every four months, to replenish our blood supply in storage should we ever need blood transfusions if we ever have life threatening injuries." Lex explained.

"That's what he said. But he also say that he thinks I need get done too." Sil said.

"It actually might be a good idea, Sil. If something happened to you, really big, it could save your life."

"That what he also say. But just not ever have done before." Sil confessed. "Not even when Hunter come back wounded many trines ago."

"You had one called Hunter?" Angela asked.

"Yes. He very vicious Skeksis. I see how you gargoyles move about and such. Hunter, or SkekMal capable of moving around much like you. He even kept second pair of arms working when most other Skeksis second pair of arms stop working."

"What happened to him?" Lex asked.

"He died in battle with Gelflings."

"It happens in wars sometimes." Goliath said.

"But back to what we were talking about, it might seem scary the first time, but it's worth it. There are no other Skeksis here to give blood to you should you get hurt really bad, Sil." Brooklyn admitted.

Sil knew he had a point.

"I see what happen when doctor comes to do yours, first." Sil replied.

"Fair enough." Goliath said. "Would you want to go on patrol with one of us tonight?"

Sil's eye ridges raised in surprise. "Really?"

"If you feel well enough that is." the leader said.

"I feel fine." Sil confirmed.