Chapter 15

David checked the cameras around the castle for the Chamberlain that morning. He soon saw him take off with Broadway some hours ago. But soon, he got a call from Elisa saying that he and Broadway at her place, and were staying over. At least it was a relief to know that they were somewhere safe for the day. He told Owen that Sil was at Elisa's.

Sil could miss one day's work. He did honest enough work.

.................

While Sil was sleeping soundly, at one point, the cat, Cagney, jumped up onto the guest bed and sniffed at the strange creature staying there. There was just something he didn't like about him. He sensed it in him. It made him growl. The cat got off the bed and went to go bug his 'mom.'

Cagney went into the master bedroom and went to sleep for a while and awoke Elisa in the afternoon to be fed again. She was still sleepy, but it was about the right time to get up anyway. Tonight was her night off luckily. She had been working some hard cases lately.

If she was going to get up, perhaps it was time for Sil to get up too. She remembered he was there, as she could hear his breathing. There was some whimpering in his sleep. She stood over him and wondered if it was the right thing to do to wake him up.

Maybe it wasn't. She wanted to spend time with Goliath on her nights off. He would likely be coming over later. Broadway and Sil would need to head home after sunset.

She left Sil to sleep until after she got showered and dressed. When she got out of the bathroom, he was still asleep. Perhaps now was a good time to wake him up, but maybe with a different method?

Instead of nudging the Skeksis awake, Elisa began to make some breakfast. Some eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and pancakes.

The smell of the food cooking caught in Sil's nose. He smiled in his sleep and whined. "Chamberlain! You better wake up if you want breakfast!" Elisa called out.

Sil jumped awake at Elisa's voice shouting at him. He was a little startled but caught the whiff of food cooking. He calmed down and licked his lips and yawned. He stretched a bit and pushed himself off the bed.

"What time of day is it?" he asked, still groggy.

"Late afternoon. It'll be sunset in a few hours. It's my night off tonight, and Goliath will more likely be coming over later. It'll be wise if Broadway takes you back to the castle after he wakes up." Elisa said.

"Hmm, sure. Hmm. Food smell good. What making?" he asked.

"Bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, and pancakes." Elisa said. "They're almost done."

At the smell wafting about, it made Sil's stomach growl in reply. "Hmm, ready."

He went to the fridge to see what she had in there. He knew what things were stored in there by now.

"Hey! What are you looking for?" she demanded.

"Water." Sil replied.

"Oh. There's some bottled water in there. Help yourself." she calmed down.

Sil took out a bottled water and opened it up. He also saw how stocked her fridge was. She definitely had plenty of food in there. He downed most of the water from being so thirsty after waking up. His mouth was wet again.

Shortly after that, breakfast was ready.

Sil was still in his gown as he and Elisa sat down at the table to eat the food she had cooked. It smelled incredible. He loved the bacon and sausage especially, but he also the pancakes and toast too.

He tried eating with his hands, but he found out how sticky maple syrup could be. "That's why we use silverware to eat our food, in case something is majorly sticky or messy." Elisa explained.