Chapter 34

Sil talked to the clan about how they felt about him going back to Thra, one on one at a time.

They were also aware of why he needed to go back to his world and agreed with Goliath on this one. They wanted him to stay, but it just wasn't safe here for him anymore. It was better that he went back.

................

Two weeks later, Dr. Sato checked on the stitches in Sil's right side. They looked healed. He took the stitches out with special scissors.

Sil had his full robes on as it was cold out right now. Even if he was healed fully, he didn't want to leave the castle anyway in that cold air. It might be too much for his lungs. That was another thing the clan wouldn't budge on. He wouldn't be leaving this castle during the winter months.

He was more than glad to get the itchy stitches out of his side. Now he could move his side with no restrictions. There sure would be some good scarring, but it would be hidden under his robes, so it wasn't like it would be noticed.

Sato then checked the progress of his arm. An x-ray was taken of it with the cast still on it. The bone was healing, but it was still fragile. Being older meant having a brittle bone sometimes.

"How does it look?" Sil asked, looking at the x-ray too.

"It's looking better than it was, Chamberlain. But this section up in here," pointing at the radius in the middle of his arm, "still concerns me. You would be able to change to a brace for it, but I still need to find you a brace for it. It needs to be kept stabilized." Sato explained.

Sil could see the still healing cracks in his bone.

"Does it hurt at all?"

"Not much anymore." Sil replied.

"Good. You must still keep it in the sling." Sato instructed. "I'll be back tomorrow with a new brace to put it in. But you should still wear the cast another week."

"How long need to wear brace?"

"Five more weeks." came the reply.

Sil groaned. It seemed like the longest recovery ever.

...............

Sato came with a brace the next day as promised. It was tried on for size, despite the cast being left on. No pressure was applied on his injury, just sizing. It would also fit the left arm too.

As for Sil's baths, Brooklyn had to help him in that department too. A garbage bag was put over the cast so he wouldn't get it wet just in case, but he kept his arm up on a surface anyway. Sil would do what he could with his left arm for cleaning himself, but Brooklyn often had to help him in some spots.

...............

A week later, Dr. Sato used special cutting scissors to cut the cast off his arm, little by little and finally, it was out to the air again.

Sil felt the fresh air on it. It stunk something terrible!

Some lotion was applied to it for the dry skin and a fresh smell, and to help with some itching. The brace was applied to the arm, and it was fastened. It would help to keep it straight.

Sil was glad to be out of that cast. At least he could now bathe without the cast. He would want to clean his arm real soon.

.................

That night, Chamberlain took a bath for the first time without his brace on and he did it by himself, but Brooklyn was standing by, should he need it. Sil was very conscientious about his injured arm. At least it smelled better after the bath.