Chapter 22

For the next couple of weeks, the Chamberlain would have to be on bed rest.

Lexington was fully healed after three days of stone sleep, and Dr. Sato gave him the okay to go about his normal routine.

Sil wasn't allowed out of bed except for the bathroom and his therapy sessions. He would practice with his friends in the room, using a cane now, with his brace on his left leg. It still hurt to walk, but he could, with a bad limp.
...............

After two weeks were up, Sato came back and saw that the wound looked good with the bandages removed. He then removed the stitches. Sil held still for that. He would still need his brace for walking for another couple of weeks at least.

The gargoyles still went on patrols like usual. They did things with Sil when they were home, if he wanted.

Sil was now walking around the castle on his own, but with his brace and cane's help. He was able to enjoy doing things around the castle for the time being. He was back to helping Owen out with his job during the day too, just more slowly. He had to carry things one handed. He just didn't want to be stuck in bed anymore.

Even when he healed from this injury, he might always have a limp the rest of his days, but Sil hoped it would go away on its own soon. He took his medicine to manage pain as needed.
...............

While Sil was still recovering, one night, Elisa got a call about Jon Castaway that he had gotten some heavy artillery to deal with the gargoyles. She had a plan to implement it. She would infiltrate the Quarrymen ranks and see what they were up to.

Goliath was insistent on not letting her be there. Not unless the clan was helping her out dealing with the Quarrymen. This was a big deal.

Goliath told the clan what they were going to do. Castaway was such a mega maniac that he had to be stopped. He and all his bloodline before him, not exactly counting MacBeth though.

Sil perked up at hearing about it. He wanted to meet this Castaway.

"No, believe me, you don't, Chamberlain." Elisa warned him. "You're still recovering. This is something the guys can help with. I need their help."

"We also don't want you getting injured again." Goliath said.

"We'll be back." Brooklyn assured him.

"Angela, you and Bronx are to stay here with him." Goliath ordered.

"Yes, Father." Angela replied. Broadway hugged and kissed her before it was time to go.

Goliath, Lex, Hudson, Brooklyn, and Broadway all left the castle to go help Elisa with her plan.

Sil watched them in the direction they went.

"I know this is nerve wracking that you can't go, Sil, but you need to get well first. But trust me, dealing with the Quarrymen is not something to take lightly." Angela stated.

"Know. They do this to me! Want to make them pay!" Sil snapped.

"They'll all get what's coming to them." Angela agreed. "For now, we have to lay low. But Elisa will call me if they need back up."

"Hmmmmm, fine."

"Come on, let's go watch a movie or something." Angela offered a distraction for him.

"Might as well." he gave in. He began to follow her off the battlements. Bronx came too.

Angela grabbed some lunch meat and bread from the kitchen for them to enjoy while watching TV. Sure, they were worried about their friends, but they needed to distract themselves somehow while waiting for their return. Hopefully before sunrise.