Chapter 1 - The beginning of the End

Ahhh... the morning sun stings my eyes.

Then I stared at the sun rising from the valley of the building, shielding it with my hand as if it was dazzling me.

My name is Mariko Kanzaki, a 27-year-old office worker with a... well, no boyfriend. I'm an average looking arasa living alone in the city.

And although there are few people walking around me at this time of day because it is still early, most of them are wearing suits or school uniforms and walking to work or school at a brisk pace.

But I was walking among them in my civilian clothes, a little weakly.

But even so, I had a satisfied look on my face, with shades under my eyes.

The reason for this is because...

Hmmm! I ended up completing the game, but it's refreshing to finally drop all the characters in the morning!

That's right, I've been working on the latest otome game, "Eternal Time With You", a fantasy game of romance in the royal palace, for several days until my paid holidays.

As a result of being so addicted to the game that I didn't even spare a moment to sleep, I stayed up all night until the sun rose and finally managed to reach a happy ending with all the characters I wanted to capture.

However, I don't know how many times it took me to bring down the prince I had attacked at the end...I don't know how many times I thought there was no more happy endings for this prince, because no matter how many times I tried, it would always end in a normal ending or worse, a bad ending... Still, the feeling of accomplishment I felt when I finally brought him down was unbelievable. (It wasn't!)

I remembered a still of the prince smiling at the heroine in a loving way with a happy ending, and my face naturally began to grin.

Then I noticed a man in a suit who passed me and looked at me strangely and I hurriedly returned to my expression.

No, no, no! I forgot that this wasn't my room, it was outside! But... even now, I still get annoyed with the heroine's rival, the villainous young lady. She looked beautiful on the outside, but she had the worst personality. I can't tell you how many times I muttered to myself in annoyance every time the villainess appeared... But even so, when the happy ending comes, the villainess usually ends up being killed by the target of the attack, which is probably terrible, to be honest. I know, it's refreshing.

Remembering this, I was heading for the convenience store across the street.

I had hardly eaten a meal at all, and as expected, I had been working hard, so I was feeling liberated and hungry, so I had no choice but to head to the convenience store to get some breakfast.

But I was caught by a traffic light on the way to the convenience store, so I took out my phone from my bag, turned on the phone and displayed the screen on the standby screen.

And I smiled again when I saw the standby screen on the screen.

Because there was a standby image of the first edition of "Eternal Time With You" which I was addicted to, on the standby screen.

Hmmm! After all, no matter how many times I see it, the men I'm attacking are still cool! But most of all, our heroine is so cute! This fluffy blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. And a dainty, sheltered look! Plus, she had a great personality in the game! If I were a man, I'd definitely be in love with you.

I was loosening my cheeks as I saw the heroine smiling with her cheeks surrounded by the men she was targeting on the screen.

But then, I suddenly heard a loud horn sound and, startled, I took my eyes off the screen and looked ahead.