Chapter 16 - The Duke's Daughter and the Marquis' Daughter

The dance with Ghislan is over, and I'm starting to get a little thirsty, so I decide to go get a drink.

"Ghislan, I'm going to get a drink. I'm going to get a drink, so you can go ahead and dance with the others."

"No, I don't..."

"Cecilia, I brought you a drink."

I was about to say no to Ghislan and leave, but then Kaiser held out a glass of juice in front of me.

I accepted the glass from Kaiser while being surprised by his very good timing.

"Thank you. I was just thinking of drinking something."

"I thought so, and so I brought it to you. Now, I don't want to disturb the dancing crowd here, so let's go that way."

Kaiser said and put his hands around my waist, urging me to walk.

"... I'm coming with you."

"It's not that Ghislan doesn't need to come along, but why don't you stay here with the other ladies to practice your socializing skills? Look, there's a lady over there that's staring at you, right?"

"...Those are the women looking at Prince Kaiser. And I'm not interested in anyone but Cecilia."

"Ghislan...don't you think it would be better if you stayed away from Cecilia here? Hey Cecilia?"

"Yes...But I don't think it's too good to force him suddenly, so let's get Ghislan used to it gradually! In the meantime...if you don't want to right now, will you come with me?

"I'll go!"

Ghislan nodded loudly at my words and said it crisply, and Kaiser, who was next to me, gave a small cluck of his tongue.

"It's a good idea to have a good time with them."

"Please, please, just stop fighting in a place like this!"

"Of course I won't ruin my long-awaited engagement announcement to Cecilia."

"I would ruin it if I could, but I don't want to because it would embarrass Cecilia."

"Well...I hope you're careful."

With a sigh, I only warned them to be sure, and then I brought the glass to my mouth to drink the juice that Kaiser had given me.

"Prince Kaiser! I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you could give me a few minutes of your time?"

"Does it have to be now?"

"Yes, I'm sorry you're here with your fiancée, but..."

"...Okay. Cecilia, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave you for a minute."

"Yes, have a good time."

"Hmm, go ahead and get going. And don't come back for more."

"I'll be right back."

This time, another man of nobility approached Ghislan.

"Are you...aren't you...Count Risent's son, Ghislan-sama?"

"Yes?"

"I knew it! I've heard all about your brilliance. You are indeed the son of Director Dimitria!"

"You are an acquaintance of my father if you call him the director, right?"

"Yes! I work at the Royal Palace Ministry of Science and Research with Director Dimitria. To tell you the truth, I joined the Ministry of Science and Research out of admiration for Director Dimitria."