Chapter 25 - Moving

In the end, Kaiser pushed me to live in the castle.

But when I was moving from my parents' house to the castle, my brother, who saw me off, told me to never let anyone into my room at night! Especially to watch out for Prince Kaiser. I was repeatedly warned that he would be able to do so.

...You don't have to worry so much! Because the heroine, Nina, is on the scene. And I don't think Kaiser sees me as such an object of affection in the first place... Well, sometimes he'll stick to me more closely than necessary, but that's just to avoid the other ladies who are going after Kaiser.

With that in mind, I replied to my brother that I understood for now, and I immediately hugged my mother, who was watching me off with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, I can't believe you're leaving home so soon...Cecilia, you should come home from time to time."

"Yes, Mother."

I rubbed my mother's back a few times, and then I got into the carriage that was waiting for me and rode to the castle.

When I arrived at the castle, I was immediately shown to a room that had been prepared for my exclusive use, and as soon as I had my belongings from home brought there, the maidservants unpacked my bags and moved me into my new room.

I was sitting on the living room couch with a cup of tea that the maidservants had made for me, and I was relieved to be able to relax.

Then the first visitor came to my room.

"...I see your room isn't pink."

"So that's the first thing you say when you walk in...?"

Ghislan looked around my room and said that with an unexpected look, and I looked at Ghislan like that with my eyes fixed on him.

"I'm sure you'll find that Cecilia's room at Cecilia's house is still pink, right? That's why I thought this place would be like that, too."

"...I've told you many times, that that is my mother's hobby! Well, I certainly intended to change rooms before I grew up...but I still can't because when I try to change it, my mother looks at me silently with very sad eyes, and I still can't change it! So I wanted at least this room to be normal."

"I see..."

"But they gave me a frilly nightgown that was all my mother's taste..."

"Hey, pajamas!?"

When I thought of the large number of frilly pajamas tucked away in the wardrobe and let out a sigh, Ghislan's face suddenly turned bright red and he became upset for some reason.

"Ghislan? How can I help you?"

"Huh! Hey, it's nothing! I'm not even imagining you in your pajamas, you know!"

"Hmm? Well, if you imagine me in my nightie, I'm sure I wouldn't be sexy at all."

"...aren't you sad to hear yourself say that?"

"Shut up!"

"Damn, that's just like you. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Isn't this what Cecilia has been wanting to read for a while?"

"What? Wow! That's right! Huh? But why? Didn't you say you couldn't borrow this book because you couldn't take it out, as I recall?"

"I couldn't rent it out, exactly, because I'm not allowed to take it out of the castle. But I can take it within the castle. So I got permission from father as long as I just bring it back later."

"I'm happy Ghislan! Thank you for going out of your way!"

I received the book from Ghislan and hugged it to my chest, thanking him profusely and giving him a smile.