Chapter 28 - matching costumes

A shoutout to debabycheese thank you for reading and your votes.

And please don't forget to vote and share with your friends and please follow me for even faster updates.
And also I would like to hear your opinion.

And also read my other books;

I don't want to be a villainess, I just want to be a "normal" lady
I'm gonna become a villainess that will go down in history
The reincarnated princess strikes down flags today as well.

Back to the story

"So who would you like to choose, Lady Nina?"

"..."

"If you don't think you can choose someone, I was thinking of asking Prince Kaiser to take that role."

"Priest... are you sure I can choose anyone?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

Hearing the priest's words, Nina slowly looked around at our faces and smiled when she stopped looking at me.

"I would like to ask Lady Cecilia to do it for me!"

"...What?"

I was surprised and astonished at the appointment, but for some reason, I was the only one who was surprised.

The priest was still smiling at me, and my father had a proud expression on his face as if to say that I was his daughter, but I couldn't help but wonder at the expressions on the faces of Kaiser and his friends.

What's that? I am the only one who doesn't get this situation...

I was puzzled by everyone's reaction, and before I knew it, Nina approached me, crossed her arms and gave me a pleading look.

"Cecilia-Sama... is it a no?"

"Uh!...Are you sure it's okay with me? I have a feeling that men are better suited to these types of roles..."

"I prefer Lady Cecilia!"

"...Okay. It's Nina's request then I'll accept."

"Thank you, Lady Cecilia!"

I decided to give up and accept Nina's request in that I had no choice.

But... whose route did she go down in this case? I didn't have the option to say Cecilia in the game in the first place... hmm, I don't know, but worrying about it now won't help, so for now, I'll just focus on the unveiling parade~

So I changed my mind and received a detailed explanation of the day from my father.

"...and on that day, Nina and Cecilia will board a horse-drawn carriage together and parade through the city."

"I understand. Cecilia-sama, I look forward to seeing you on that day."

"Yes, I would appreciate your favour."

Nina and I nodded to each other as my father explained to us.

Then the priest smiled at us and said to Nina,

"Please come to the temple afterwards to get dressed for the day."

"Oh, yes. I understand."

"Well, I'll take care of Cecilia's outfit for her."

"What? Kaiser?"

For some reason, Kaiser approached me with a joyful smile on his face as he listened to the priest.