Chapter 15 - dancing with the prince

I was responding to the nobles who came to greet me without a trace along with Kaiser, with a smile plastered on my face.

I expected it, but........being the fiancé of the Crown Prince is a pain in the ass! And although they've been congratulating me since a while ago........even I can tell that was just superficial. The proof of this is that noblemen who have daughters immediately promote their own daughters to Kaiser, hoping that my position as a fiancée will be changed from me to their own daughters. Honestly, for me, I'd so much like for it to change...

I had no choice but to pretend to listen to what he had to say and wondered what I was going to have for dinner today.

Then a nobleman came in front of me with a young lady about the same age as me.

I was inwardly disgusted when I saw the two of them and wondered if the same story would start again, but I remembered the list of noblemen I had drummed into my head as I stared at their faces with a smile on my face.

Well.........I believe this person was the Marquis of Daiharia who is a minister, right?

He came up to us accompanied by his daughter.

That Lateia-sama has pale purple hair and green eyes with a beautiful but tight face. But if you look closely, you can see freckles, although she does her best to hide them with makeup.

Then Lateia-sama noticed my gaze and looked at me and glared at me unhappily.

...Ahh, how many times has this happened?

All the young ladies who came to greet me with their fathers a while ago are all glaring at me like this.

Well, it's true...if a young lady who just recently made her debut in society becomes the prince's fiancée in the blink of an eye, they won't be able to convince her, no matter how much of a duke's daughter she is.

I was thinking of the young ladies who had been desperately clinging to Kaiser during his debut in society.

Then the long greetings were over and I could finally move freely.

I looked around to avoid suspicion, I found the place I wanted and raised the corner of my mouth.

Yes! Another day, another delicious looking meal!

As I was staring at the food, there was a long table with a white tablecloth on which was an array of beautiful dishes.

In fact, the only thing I was looking forward to at the gloomy engagement party was the food, so I immediately set out to go to the place where the food was lined up.

But as soon as I stepped out, Kaiser grabbed my hand and held me back.

I looked at Kaiser, wondering about it, and he was smiling at me with a pseudo-smile.

"Cecilia...where were you going?"

"What? No...I'm just going to grab some food over there..."

"...I know that Cecilia loves to eat, but as expected, could you refrain from doing so today?"

"I...I don't know why."

"You're the star of today's show. I don't think it would be very good for those noblemen to see you being able to eat so much food without being bothered by your surroundings..."

"..."

When I glanced around at Kaiser's words, I saw that there were nobles chatting with each other everywhere, but it seemed that these nobles seemed to be paying attention to me from time to time.