Chapter 8- Fiancé

I tried to refuse the engagement at once, but Prince Kaiser just smiled and gave me a pseudo-smile, and he didn't listen to me at all.

In the end, he realized that since it was a direct order from the king, I would have to get the king himself or Prince Kaiser to break off the engagement if I wanted it done.

...Ah, perhaps this is what is called a game correction? But it looks like Prince Kaiser asked the king for help. But why would he...Oh, that's right! Maybe it's a countermeasure against that group of young ladies, and for now, you want to choose me, the highest noblewoman, as your fiancée to keep them away. Well, but that...even I'm disgusted by that one~

I'm sure I'll be able to find a way to make it work.

I've decided to resign myself to that for a while, but I still had to say this, so I approached Prince Kaiser with a serious look on my face.

"Prince Kaiser, if you find someone you like in the future, please don't worry about me, and feel free to break off the engagement!"

"No, that will definitely never happen."

"Never say never! And I will never, ever, ever stand in the way of Prince Kaiser and his partner's love! Be happy with that person!"

"I don't want to..."

"Prince Kaiser! Please! If you find someone you like, please break off the engagement!"

"..."

I begged with a desperate look on my face, and Prince Kaiser fell silent with a troubled expression on his face.

But in order to avoid the death flag that might be waiting for me in my future and to protect the heroine's happiness, this is an absolutely non-negotiable condition, so I have to get Prince Kaiser to make a promise.

I stared at Prince Kaiser's face with my non-negotiable feelings.

Then Prince Kaiser let out a small sigh and nodded his head with a bitter smile at me.

"I understand. Well, first of all, that won't happen, but if I promise to do that, will you approve of my engagement to you?"

"I...Yes."

"Oh, I see. Then you have my word."

Prince Kaiser smiled at me with a pseudo-smile as he said that, and I smiled with the same pseudo-smile and posed my gut in my mind.

Alright! I got a pawn!!!!

I can't say that it's completely safe because it's only a verbal promise, but even so, because of Prince Kaiser's character, he will keep his own promise, and since father, brother, and mother, who came late, also listened to this promise, they can't say that he didn't say it, which is a relief for now.

"...Prince Kaiser, please find someone else to love right away."

"Roberto...he can't help it. Now, Prince Kaiser, I still have some work to do in the castle, so I will return now, but what about you, Prince Kaiser?"

"I'll stay here for a while longer and talk to Cecilia and then return."

No, I have nothing to say to you. I just want you to go home with father.

"Well, in that case, it's time for you to have lunch at my house. Leila, I'll ask you to prepare it."

"Okay, I understand."

"Prince Kaiser, then, please inform your household when you return to the castle. I will send someone to meet you at once."

"Yeah, I understand."