Chapter 20 - The foreign Prince

The ball at which Prince Leon was to make his debut as a socialite was somehow over, and I was spending the rest of my time in my room, reading at leisure.

Then I received news of a visitor from the maid and moved to the reception room.

When I entered the reception room, Viktor was standing there waiting for me.

"Oh my God, Viktor, I didn't know you were home."

"Yes. I just returned from training."

"That's good work. Was the training hard?"

"To say it was difficult is an understatement to say the least, but the training was very productive and my staff and I were very happy with it."

"I see...but if you just got home, you must be tired, and you don't have to come to my place. Please go home and get some rest."

"Thank you very much. I am very pleased with your kindness. I have to go back to the castle later to do the paperwork for the expedition training. Princess, this is something I found on the road, and I bought it because I thought it is beautifully embroidered and would look good on you."

"...Thank you."

Viktor handed me a flat object wrapped in clean wrapping paper from his pocket, I took it with a twitch of my cheek and opened the wrapping paper to check inside.

"...Ah, thank you for the beautiful handkerchief."

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, yes, it's very nice...but Viktor, as I've been saying for a while now, you don't have to worry about that handkerchief and give one to me again and again."

That's right, Viktor gives me a handkerchief every chance he gets as a repayment for the handkerchief I wrapped around his injured hand in the dueling incident two years ago.

To be honest, I am troubled by the fact that he gives me so many handkerchiefs, even though I only helped that one time.

It's true that a lot of handkerchiefs are not a problem, but Viktor's over-concern about them makes me tell him to stop his behavior many times.

However, I'm disappointed to say that Viktor won't stop at all.

"No, because this is still not enough to repay the princess for her kindness at that time!"

"Yeah, well...but not too much, please."

I asked with a bitter smile on my face, but Viktor didn't reply to my request with a serious face.

Ah, another handkerchief will be presented to me next time...

I was inwardly convinced by Viktor's appearance.

"More importantly, Princess, did you feel any particular change while I was gone?"

"Yes...well, it's just that Prince Leon's social debut happened while Viktor was away, but that's just the way it always is..."

"Hey Cecilia! Are you telling the truth when you say you even got Prince Leon!?"

"Lady Cecilia! Are you sure you're okay? I heard that you were with Prince Leon!"

All of a sudden, Ghislan and Lady Lateia rushed into the reception room with a change in their blood.

"Nah! Ghislan and Lady Lateia! Wait, please calm down!"

"Cecilia, is it true?"

"Lady Cecilia!"

"No, really, please calm down! How did I get Prince Leon in the first place...? I have no idea how you got to that point. To begin with, the game hasn't even started yet..."