Chapter 24 - The heroine "nina"

When the door in front of me opened slowly, I saw many royalty and aristocrats lined up in front of it.

At that moment, I felt the urge to run away from the place at once.

But the faces of the townspeople, who sent me off with joy and happiness as if I were their own child, passed through my mind.

I was determined not to spoil their feelings, so I stood still and moved my nervously trembling legs in front of me as I made my way through the crowd of royalty and aristocrats toward the altar.

I was a little distracted by the fact that I had finally arrived near the altar, and my feet were caught in the carpet, which I wasn't used to walking on.

"Ah."

As soon as I said that little word, I fell forward.

I closed my eyes as the floor approached me and tried to withstand the impact, but someone was there to support me.

I didn't expect that someone would be able to help me in this situation, so I quietly opened my eyes in confusion and was blindsided by surprise.

"What a beautiful person..."

I couldn't help but think that when I saw the face of the person who saved me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for your help."

"I'm glad you're okay."

"May I... excuse me, may I ask your name?"

"Me? I am...Kaiser, Kaiser Ron Beizelm. I'm the first prince of this country, in case you were wondering."

"!!!"

Prince Kaiser smiled at me.

Then seeing that beautiful smile up close made my face heat up all at once.

***

I was intensely upset as I had such a game screen playing in my mind.

This was essentially the scene where Kaiser saves Nina, and even more importantly, the first time they meet!!! I just swore again earlier that I wouldn't stand in the way of Nina's love, and now I'm breaking it!

I shouted that in my mind, but on the surface I remained calm and let Nina stand up for now.

At that time I glanced at Kaiser, and he had already returned to his original stance and was looking at me with a wry smile on his face.

...Even if I switch with Kaiser now...it's still too late. Hah~ Well, what I've done is no good now. I'm sure the two of them will make progress in another event.

I decided to break it off and looked at Nina again and smiled at her.

"So, Nina-sama, I'll go back to where I came from."

"What? Uh..."

I don't know why Nina looked uneasy when she heard my words, and then she looked down and squeezed her hand.

As I was wondering why Nina was so anxious, I heard the voices of the nobles whispering in my ears.

"After all, a commoner's daughter couldn't possibly serve as a 'Celestial Maiden'."

"Oh, it's unseemly to expose such an abomination. And what a nuisance she is, causing trouble for Cecilia-sama."

"It's not too late, shouldn't we go through the ritual again?"

"I agree with you on that! I'm sure my daughter will be chosen this time, you know."

"No, no, no, my daughter, of course!"