Chapter 18 - Capture Target Prince Leon

The ball was about to begin and we walked together to the hall, with my hand on Kaiser's arm.

When I arrived at the door to the hall, the King and Queen and Prince Leon were already waiting for me.

I immediately greeted them by picking up my skirt and folding my knees, to which they returned my greeting with a smile.

Then Prince Leon moved away from the King and Queen and came closer to me.

"Hey Sister Cecilia! I want you to enter with me!"

With these words, Prince Leon shook my hand while giving me a devilish smile.

I smiled awkwardly at Prince Leon's calculated smile and wondered what I should say to him in front of the King and Queen.

But Kaiser softly grabbed Prince Leon's hand and pulled it out of mine.

He spoke to Prince Leon with his usual pseudo-smile, clearly not smiling in his eyes.

"Leon...even though Cecilia will marry me in the future and become your older sister, you are indeed too familiar with her."

"But brother..."

"Cecilia is my fiancée, after all."

"..."

Prince Leon's cheeks puffed out with an obviously unhappy face at Kaiser's words.

I was looking at them with a troubled expression when the king and his wife approached me.

"As expected of Miss Cecilia, you've made Leon miss you so much."

"What?"

"Really. It's true that he's always affectionately smiling at everyone, but this is the first time he's missed a particular person so much."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Hmm, Cecilia-sama, I hope you and Kaiser take care of Leon as well."

"I ask you as well."

"What? Oh, um, yes..."

The king and his wife's smiles were so strong that I replied with a grimace.

As I was talking with the king and his wife, I was informed that all the non-royal guests had entered the hall.

Prince Leon and the King and Queen were the first to enter the hall, and we arrived a little later.

When we moved to the parlor, the king first greeted his son and daughter in the hall, and then Prince Leon addressed everyone.

"I am Leon Ron Beizelm. Nice to meet you all!"

Prince Leon greeted them in a friendly manner, and then gave them his signature devilish smile.

Then the sons and daughters were all mesmerized by his smile and looked at him with fawning expressions.

Oh, it's great~! But...once again, as I thought, the smile that attracts is perfected at his age!

I watched in admiration as Prince Leon smiled and waved to everyone.

Then it was Kaiser and my turn, and I greeted with Kaiser in front of everyone.

And Kaiser, with his usual pseudo-smile plastered on his face, smiled and wore a smile, but as expected of the Crown Prince, Kaiser's greeting obviously made the young daughters, who were attracted to Prince Leon, completely change their interest to Kaiser.

I was inwardly dismayed at the situation as usual, but then I glanced at Prince Leon, wondering how he was doing.

Then I saw that Prince Leon was biting his lip and squeezing the hem of his jacket with both hands, as if he were enduring his frustration.