Chapter 17 - The Second Prince

I left the ballroom, apologizing to all the attendees for leaving early because my dress was still dirty after all that, and asking them to enjoy the ball without worrying about it.

It's not a bad idea to leave the ballroom, but I refused to wear it because I was leaving.

The only regret is that I couldn't eat any of the food and had to leave.

But in this case, I gave up and was about to get into the carriage with Viktor when a middle-aged man dressed in all-white cook's uniform came running underneath us, carrying a large basket.

"L-Lady Cecilia! Please wait!"

"?"

"Wha—I am the head chef of the castle. I have just heard that Lady Cecilia will be leaving shortly, so I have taken the trouble to put all the dishes in this basket that you can take home with you. If you wouldn't mind taking it home with you?"

"What? Are you sure!?"

"Yes, of course! I just couldn't get too much variety in there, I'm sorry."

"No, no, no, I'm just very glad that you got it for me. But...why did you prepare it for me?"

"...When we heard from Prince Kaiser that Cecilia was pleased with our cooking at the last ball, all of us were very grateful and touched by Cecilia's kindness. In fact, Cecilia's actions were the first time we didn't have any leftovers last time, which made us very happy as cooks. So this time as well, we put all of our efforts into making this dish for Cecilia to eat, but we were told that a problem arose and she had to go home without it. So we prepared this dish in a hurry so that you could take it home and eat it, at least a little."

"Thank you for going out of your way to do that! I'll eat it as soon as I get home."

I was happy to receive the basket with a smile on my face because of the kindness of the head chef.

But the basket was heavier than I expected and I almost stumbled back, so Viktor hurriedly supported me and took my basket for me.

So I thanked Viktor and the head chef, got into the carriage and went home.

I had a little trouble, but still, I managed to finish the engagement announcement and I was at peace again.

***

Two years later, I had grown to be eight years old.

I was sitting on a couch in a room of the castle, wearing a beautiful dress, with a cheerless face.

There were several other maidservants waiting in this room to take care of me.

So I let out a deep sigh in my heart, unable to speak out my thoughts.

...As long as I'm engaged to Kaiser, I thought this day would come someday...but I'm still depressed...

I was thinking about the ball being held today while I was thinking about that.

Hmmm... Today is the day of the annual royal palace's social debut. But...this year's ball is going to be gorgeous, unlike last year and my time. Because today's ball will be the social debut of Prince Leon, the second prince and younger brother of the Kaiser, so...haa~ I wouldn't want to attend if I could.

While thinking that, I let out a small sigh so that no one would notice.

The reason why I am so depressed is because...this Prince Leon is the fourth capture target.

Leon Ron Beizelm

He is a beautiful boy with fluffy, shoulder-length, pale pink hair and blue eyes. In the game, he is 15 years old.