Chapter 27 - Apology

A shoutout for Ilovemilktaee.
I hope you like this chapter and share with your friends and don't forget to follow me.
And I hope you read my other books
I don't want to be a villainess, I just ep want to be a "normal" lady.
I will become a villainess that will go down in history.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story.

I was sitting alone on a couch in my room, where all the maidservants had been dismissed, drinking tea elegantly.

I was sitting on a couch in my room drinking tea.

"Welcome, Lady Lateia."

"Lady Cecilia, thank you for inviting me."

Then Lady Lateia smiled happily, plucked at the hem of her skirt and bowed.

I smiled a thin smile as I looked at that Lady Lateia. But my eyes were not smiling at all.

Then Lady Lateia noticed this and started to get confused.

"Cecilia-sama? I... Have I done something to offend you?"

"...Hey, Lady Lateia, have you ever seen this?"

I said that and took out Nina's pendant from my pocket and showed it to Lady Lateia.

"Ah! That's—!"

Lady Lateia-sama obviously became pale when she saw the pendant I was holding.

In fact, I asked Nina to lend me this pendant for a little while.

"Lady Lateia-sama... I know what Nina did to you."

"Huh!?"

"...Lady Lateia-sama, no matter how much you weren't chosen as the 'Celestial Maiden', it's not right to be jealous of Nina, right?"

"..."

"Nina has been duly elected, and besides, Nina herself has worked very hard in her role. So will you please acknowledge her?"

"...I...I wasn't after Nina for that!"

"What? Then why on earth?"

"I... I still think that "Celestial Maiden" was definitely supposed to be Cecilia-sama! That's why I'm still not convinced that Nina had been chosen!"

"..."

"And... more than anything else, I was just so jealous of... what Lady Cecilia had done for her at that ceremony..."

Lateia-sama bit her lip in frustration as she said that and turned her face away from me.

......Well, could it be.......could it be......that I'm the cause? Hmmm... it's not quite what I was expecting...

I was so confused in my mind, but I knew I couldn't do this, so I let out a deep sigh once, got up from my chair and walked over to Lady Lateia.

But Lady Lateia shook her shoulders at the sight of me and gave me a frightened look.

"Cecilia-sama..."

"It's very nice to know that you have those thoughts for me, Lateia-sama, but.......as expected, I don't think it's right to harm Nina for that reason. To be honest, I don't like Lateia-sama doing that..."

"Huh!"

She was so shocked at my words, that I was heartbroken to see that face, but I still felt that if I didn't speak to her properly, it would affect her future.

"But I... I consider Lateia-sama to be a dear friend. So... what you've done can't be helped now, but we can still manage it now, so why don't you come with me to Nina and apologize?"