Chapter 36 - An Event Has Occurred?

Over the next few days, we went around to several shrines.

At last, the last shrine was reached, and we were being rocked up the mountain road by carriage to get to it.

"...This journey is almost over, isn't it?"

"Yes. It seemed both long and short..."

"But I've really enjoyed traveling with you, Cecilia-sama!"

"Me too, Nina."

We smiled at each other.

"I got to experience a culture I couldn't get from the literature either, it was a very good time."

Then Ghislan, sitting next to me, nodded with a satisfied look on his face as he pushed up his glasses.

Just then, the carriage slowly came to a stop and the door was tapped lightly, and Viktor called out to me from outside.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've just come to a good place to rest, so let's take a short break here."

When I heard Viktor's words, I looked out the window, and sure enough, we were out of the forest that had been going on for a long time before, and out into the open grassland.

I looked at the view and thought that it was indeed a very pleasant place to take a break.

So we got off the carriage and took a rest.

Hmmm! The wind feels good! The air is delicious!!!!

As I stood tall and looked around to take in the nature, I noticed that there was a gentle slope at the end of the meadow and a small lake beyond.

I glanced around and saw that everyone was busy talking and preparing for a break, and then I quietly left.

Then he came alone to the gentle slope and slowly sat down in that spot.

I knew it was going to be a great view sitting from here! Sometimes it's nice to take in the view by yourself.

When I was in the castle, I had a lot of time to be alone, but as you would expect, I was always with someone else during the trip, so I wanted to take a break.

While I was enjoying my alone time and looking at the lake below me, I heard the sound of stepping on the grass later.

"Oh my, Viktor has found me."

"Princess... please don't go away so quietly and all alone. I've been worried about you."

"I'm sorry...I just needed some alone time."

"I see... I'm sorry to interrupt you. In that case, I'd better leave."

"Oh, no, the fact that Viktor found me means it's only a matter of time before someone else finds me, so you can stay here if you want. Oh, why don't you sit next to me?"

"No, but..."

"Because Viktor, you haven't had any rest at all during this trip, have you? Then get some rest!"

"...Okay. Then, if you'll excuse me."

With that, Viktor sat down in a position that put a little distance between him and me.

"How do you like it? Don't you think it's a nice view here?"

"...Indeed. I chose to come here because I knew that in this open area I could take care of you if anything happened...I didn't realize that there was a view like this."

"Hmm, well, if you say it's a typical Viktor idea, it's a typical Viktor idea. But for now, just take a little rest and look at this scenery. I'll keep you company in the meantime."