Chapter 10- Ghislan Risent

Ghislan POV

I am Ghislan Risent. I was born a son and heir to the Earl of Risent.

My father works for the Ministry of Science and Research, one of the most difficult ministries to enter in the Kingdom of Beizelm, and he is the director of the Ministry.

I've always admired and respected him.

So I naturally wanted to join the same ministry as he did, and I studied hard to achieve this goal, reading the most difficult books.

Then, for some reason, the adults around me began to call me a child prodigy.

I didn't care about being called a child prodigy; I was focused on my studies.

If I didn't understand something, I could ask my father and he would answer it, and I kept increasing my knowledge.

I did ask questions of other people, but most of them were incapable of answering my questions at all.

So I felt that I was wasting my time talking to them, and I didn't bother to get involved.

But one day when I was four years old, my father was invited by the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Heinz to be her tutor.

Why would a duke's daughter ask my father to teach her how to study? But I'm sure they'll get bored and stop doing it anyway. The girls I know...at first they come up to me asking me to help them study, but then they get bored and say they want to stop studying and to come play with them! I got fed up with all those stupid women and told them coldly to never see me again.

When I remembered that, I thought that father would be released from tutoring soon anyway.

But I was very wrong, and when he returned home from the Duke's house, he spoke to me with a very excited look on his face.

"Ghislan! Lady Cecilia was amazing!"

"Father, please calm down."

"This is how I stay calm! Cecilia-sama was an extraordinary person, just like you, with an extraordinary amount of academic ability!"

"What?"

"She was a young lady, and at her age and with those grades...she has a very exciting future! So I took the initiative and asked the Duke to request that Lady Cecilia be admitted to the Royal Ministry of Academic Research in the future."

Did he...did he come all the way up here just for that?

"Oh, she's that good."

I felt a sickening feeling welling up in the pit of my stomach at your father's words, and I bit my lip hard and shut up.

"I'm sorry, Ghislan. Of course I know you want to join the Ministry of Science and Research, and I'm looking forward to you joining."

"..."

"I'm really sorry, I was out of line...Ghislan, would you like to see Lady Cecilia? Maybe the same brilliant minds can talk to each other?"

"I mean, no way!"

"Oh, I see...Lady Cecilia didn't want to talk to you either for some reason..."

I don't know how she did it, but I didn't like this Cecilia, the Duke's daughter, who was approved by father, and I didn't want to see her ever again.

After that, father started to tutor her in earnest and balanced his work with it, and he gradually stopped looking after my studies, and I grew even more unhappy with her.

I was forced to attend a ball hosted by the royal palace to make my debut in society.

And there was Prince Kaiser, the first prince of the Kingdom of Beizelm, who was also making his debut at the ball.