Chapter 13 - Viktir Feldra

Viktor POV

I was born into this world as the third son of Count Feldra, and since I already had two older brothers, I didn't have to take over the family, and my parents told me from the time I can remember that I could live my life as I pleased.

That's why I was interested in swordsmanship from an early age, and I joined the knights order as soon as I came of age.

And I met the leader who I admired so much that I looked up to him as my master there.

He was already in his fifties at that time, but his strength did not show any decline, and I received training from this master as soon as I joined the group.

Thanks to that, I was appointed as a captain at the unusually young age of 18 years old.

But as expected of a young captain, I was lambasted by his subordinates at first because I was still young.

However, believing in the words of the commander, "Such people will naturally follow if they show their strength," I personally trained them one by one.

Gradually, they began to listen to me and respect me.

One day, after a few years of being recognized by my subordinates and holding the position of captain, I went to find Prince Kaiser, who was waiting for me to lose his temper when he didn't show up for swordplay practice, at the order of the group leader.

And when I went to the place where I had heard beforehand about the engagement announcement that will be held tomorrow, Prince Kaiser was not already there, but when I asked one of those who remained there, I was told that as soon as the meeting was over, he said he would show his fiancée, Cecilia-sama, around the castle, and then he left.

...He seems to have completely forgotten about his swordplay practice.

When I thought that, I let out a loud sigh and quickly turned on my heel and searched the castle for Prince Kaiser at a fast pace.

Then I finally found Prince Kaiser walking happily down the corridor with his fiancée, Lady Cecilia.

Why are you walking around so carefree!? The Commander should be...

I remembered the commander, who was already on the edge of his seat, and I approached Prince Kaiser's office, suppressing my irritation.

And when I told Prince Kaiser that the commander was waiting for me, he finally agreed to go to the training grounds with a regretful look on his face.

However, Prince Kaiser ordered me to take his fiancée Cecilia home with him.

I was wondering why it was me, but I couldn't say no to Prince Kaiser's order, so I reluctantly agreed to it.

But then Cecilia refused to accompany me, saying that she could go home alone. She even made a statement of concern for me.

I was surprised by her words and looked again at Cecilia-sama, Prince Kaiser's fiancée, carefully.

...I heard that she just made her debut in society this year, so she must be six years old now. She's also a little shorter than Prince Kaiser, and very dainty looking. But even though she's still just a child, even for me, she's already a very considerate person. Come to think of it, I've never seen a young lady that cared for others before.

I remembered that, and although I looked at Cecilia with admiration, I assured her that I would be responsible for taking her home, as I had already taken her time away from Prince Kaiser.

Then Cecilia agreed as if resigned to my words, and so we said goodbye to Prince Kaiser on the spot and walked side by side to the place where Cecilia's carriage was waiting for us.