Part 4

Mattia pov

" I can't believe your dumbass got detention," ale said shaking his head at me.

Kai laughed, " it's worse than that, this guy has to clean the lost and found room," he looked way too happy with himself.

" you should be doing it, you're the one that threw that water balloon not me," I said pointing at him. Kai aimed it at some teacher and it soaked her completely.

" hey, I told you to run," he said shrugging, " it's not my fault your slow ass can't keep up,"

I rolled my eyes at him and I opened the lost and found storage room. It was a complete mess and I sighed in defeat just seeing it.

" does coach know I'm gonna miss practice?" I asked ale and Kai, and they both followed after me into the room.

I honestly had no idea where to even start.

" yeah, he looked so pissed off," Kai said kicking some things around on the floor.

I knew coach was going to kill me the next time he sees me. I'm not allowed to go soccer practice until this room has finished being cleaned, and that could take at least a week. I have to be here everyday until 4:30, until this place is spotless.

" This room looks like it's been untouched since the 80's," ale said looking around, " I'm pretty sure a cleaner hasn't stepped in here since then,"

I looked around at some boxes and started to lift them up. A huge waft of dust came onto my face and I sneezed loudly. I accidentally dropped the box, and it fell onto my foot. I groaned in pain, hopping around on one foot.

I leaned back on a table and wriggled my foot around, adjusting to the pain whilst Kai and ale laughed at me.

" so are you guys gonna help or?" I turned to look at them both.

Kai shook his head still laughing, " hell no, I just came to make fun of your ass. We got soccer practice anyway and I don't want coach getting pissed off at me too,"

I looked at ale and he shrugged, " sorry dude, you're  on your own for this one,"

I groaned, " fuck both of you," they laughed and jumped up onto the table, both of them watched me clean until they had to go to soccer practice.

I took my phone out to see whether Jasmine had answered my text yet. I tutted because it's been like half an hour and she's still not responded.

" what's wrong?" Ale asked.

I waved him off, " nothing, jasmines just not answered my text ," she's been doing that a lot lately. She's kind of always busy with cheer these days.

" I can tell there's more on your mind," Kai said, and I looked back at him, " what's the problem?"

I scratched the back of my head, " there's no problem, it's just that..." I sighed and started to pace around. I didn't know how to put it into words, " I feel as if things between us aren't working out that well,"

They both looked at each other, " what do you mean?" Ale asked.

" well it's like everyone knows we're together, everyone in town does. But we're not close like a couple anymore, you get me?" I asked them both, " it's like our relationship is based only for others to see. Everyone thinks we're so in love with each other but It doesn't feel like that anymore,"

" so you don't love her anymore?" Kaia asked.

" no I do," I said running my hands through my hair. I think I do anyway," but I feel as if she's more in love with the idea of us. Like she's only with me because she likes how others talk about how perfect our relationship is. We're like that classic jock and cheerleader couple, but other than that, that's it,"