Part 19

Mattia pov

" no offence Mattia but that has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say," she said shaking her head at me in disappointment.

We were in the library and I spent most of my time with her here during my free periods. She got pretty use to it too.

She was still looking at me in disbelief, " optimus prime is way stronger than bumblebee," she said to me.

I folded my arms, " no way, you sound crazy right now," I said shaking my head at her, " bumblebee is way faster and more agile than Optimus prime, he could easily beat him."

" yes he's faster and whatever but optimus is still way stronger and has more experience. He could easily beat bee in combat," she argued.

" bumblebee literally has the power to reassemble himself, it doesn't matter how much power you have, you can't beat something like that," I stated, and I rested my arm on the table, facing her, waiting for her to say something.

She'd always win whenever we had opposing views in arguments, but I was planning on winning this time.

She tutted and palmed her face. Seeing her get worked up about this would always amuse me. She'd always get so defensive and a little stubborn, and I liked it because it meant she was comfortable around me. That she was finding it easier to speak to me now. I didn't have to wonder what kind of person she was anymore behind that quiet and shy front she puts on.

"Yeah bumblebee has the ability to do that. But that's only if he has the power left in him too. He's a good autobot but you're blinded by his bravery and skills. Optimus has had countless of encounters with megatron and other decepticons, and bumblebee wouldn't have been able to survive in some of the circumstances he's been in. He might be able to fight for a little bit but if optimus gave his all, he would kill bumblebee with ease,"

I started to flip my pen in my hand thinking of something to say but I honestly couldn't. I tutted a little, " dammit, you won this one too,"

She smiled proudly of herself, and laughed when I rolled my eyes at her. She looked down at her work and carried on with it from where she left off.

" I'll win one day," I said to her, as I tucked my chair under the table more.

She lifted her eyes up from the paper to look at me and then she looked down again, she smirked and shook her head a little, " that's what you think,"

I don't know why but that made my cheeks heat up a little. Her sudden confidence would always make me feel another type of way. I quickly looked away, pretending to just look around the space we were in, but I was just letting the redness from my cheeks die down.

When I turned back to look at her, a smile was still playing on her face, which made me smile too.

I guess there was a good side to losing.

I lifted my pen up and pretended to focus on my work, but I really was just thinking of her.

****

It was Saturday. I don't usually go to Celeste's for tutoring but since she's my desk partner in English, we have a project to work on together.

She works on Saturday and said she'd be home around 7pm. She was going to drop off max and the twins to Mrs Winchester, her neighbours, house, but I said I didn't mind taking care of them until she came back.

She told me I didn't have to, and that it wasn't my responsibility. In all honestly, I just liked spending more time at her place than I did at mine.