Part 13

Celeste pov

Mattia said that he was overworking me, he said he knew I had a lot of other stuff to do so on some days he wouldn't come for tutoring. We decided to not do any tutoring on the weekend.

He said I could take more days off if I wanted to, but I said it was enough for me.

It was a Saturday, and I was on my way back from work. I decided to go look at some cleats, because I remembered max needed new ones.

I should've brought max with me. I normally do, and he picks out a pair and I buy them for him.

But if I brought him, I would've had to bring the twins too, because they wouldn't have wanted to stay at Mrs winchesters by themselves.

I was looking at the different cleats on the wall and tried figuring out which ones were the best ones to buy. But I had a budget, since I didn't have a lot of money right now, so I might've have to carry on saving up for them.

I heard someone laughing, which for some reason always catches my attention. I turned to the sound of the laugh and saw mattia's friend kairi. And unfortunately for me, Mattia was with him as well as Alejandro.

My first instinct was to hide becasue I did not want  him to approach me right now. I moved a little further away and pretended to look at the other cleats. My back was facing them and I was so sure he wouldn't recognise me.

" Celeste?"

I tutted mentally when I heard Mattia say my name, and I couldn't believe how much of a shit hider I was.

I turned around to look at him and he smiled. But I wasn't falling for that now. Sure it was cute but it didn't make me swoon anymore.

Ok that was a lie.

A huge lie.

" hey," he said approaching me, and Alejandro and Kairi followed him.

Great.

More people to talk to.

" hi," I answered, holding in the need to wave.

" what are you doing here?" Mattia asked.

" just looking at some cleats," I said, pointing at some of them on the wall.

" I didn't know you were on the girls soccer team," Kairi said to me.

" I'm not," I answered him, " I'm getting them for my brother," they all nodded and Kai and ale started to look around at some of the other trainers and cleats on the shelves.

I turned around, and I started to look at the cleats again. I didn't know whether it mattered what kind of brand they were, or style. I didn't know what determined whether they were a good pair or not.

I saw from the corner of my eye that Mattia was still standing next to me. I turned to look at him, I thought maybe he was looking at the cleats too, but he was looking at me.

" you have no idea what you're doing, do you?" He asked, folding his arms, smirking a little.

I smiled and I shook my head. Was it really that obvious? " I don't know which ones to buy."

His smile widened and he looked around at the cleats, picking out a pair after a while. He showed me, " these are pretty good," he said, " what shoe size is he?" And he looked around for a person who worked here, so he could get a pair with the right foot size.

" he's a 6-" I saw the price of the shoe and I frowned. They were way over my budget and I really couldn't afford them right now, " actually it's fine, I can't get these," I said to Mattia.