Part 17

Mattia pov

I was hoping max didn't tell her anything about the groceries, but when she didn't ask about them I don't think he did.

She forgot to buy them, and she had mentioned it in front of me when we were working yesterday.

I knew she had work today so she wouldn't have time to buy them, so I thought I would. I've been at her house long enough to know what she usually buys. I needed max to help me out a little, since I couldn't get into the house without him. I told him not to mention it to Celeste and he said he wouldn't.

I couldn't stop smiling to myself on the drive home thinking about what had just happened. I know she's probably thinking about it too, but she probably doesn't know how close I was to kissing her.

Her face wasn't too far from mine and she wasn't looking shy or flustered at that moment. Her gorgeous green eyes pulled me in and hearing her sweet laugh made my heart melt, it felt like the perfect time to do it.

To press my lips against hers and just-

I palmed my face with my free hand. I really have to stop thinking about that.

I have got to stop thinking about her all the time.

I reminded myself that I couldn't do that. That despite how much I liked her, I couldn't do that to Jasmine. And I didn't want to confuse or make Celeste uncomfortable.

This whole situation was really confusing the hell out of me. Every time I felt as if I didn't have feelings for Jasmine anymore, I'd remember the good times I had with her and it'd make me feel guilty for thinking we still didn't have something between us. Because I'm sure we do.

And I'm not sure whether my attraction towards Celeste is something that happened just because I've been spending a lot of time with her lately. Or if it was something more than that. If it was some sort of sign that maybe Jasmine and I weren't supposed to be together any more, and I was supposed to be with her instead.

I got home and I went to my room. I showered before I attempted to fall asleep. It was hard to since there was so much going on in my mind.

And I didn't have a clue on how to fix this problem at all. I didn't know what to do, and I was feeling guilty because I couldn't like both girls. I couldn't have feelings for both of them.

****

Kai started to call me and I thought of ignoring it cause it was Saturday and I wanted to sleep in. It seemed like he didn't get the idea that I was purposely avoiding his calls, so he carried on calling. I finally picked up because I couldn't take it anymore.

" finally what took you so long?" He asked me.

I yawned, " what'd you want?" I asked him.

" get out of bed and wear something nice," he said.

My brows furrowed, " what?" What the fuck was he playing at?

" just do it," he said, " me and ale are coming to pick you up in a bit. Hurry, Jasmines almost there as well,"

He cut the call and I put my phone down on my bed. I almost forgot that he was planning that 'surprise' date for the two of us, but I kinda really didn't want to go to it anymore.

It all felt forced and rushed, and that's not how things are supposed to be.

I went to go shower and I started to get changed. Like 20 minutes later Kai and ale came to pick me up.

" alright so her friends are taking her to the park too. You have to act surprised and pretend you didn't know I was planning any of this," he said to me, " you gotta wear this blind fold thing too, to make it more realistic," and he threw it at me.