Part 29

Mattia pov

Call me cheesy or whatever but she really was a sight for sore eyes. I didn't realise how much I missed her until I saw her pop her head out the window.

And it had only been a day.

Just one day

I couldn't imagine how bad it'd feel if she never allowed me to see her again.

I'm glad she even gave me the chance to talk to her now. I wasn't expecting her to forgive me completely at the moment, but I wanted her to know the truth. Whether she still wanted to be with me or not didn't matter, I just wanted her to know I love her.

" everything Jasmine said was a lie. I would never do that to you, I swear," I said to her quietly. She was sitting beside me, looking down at the floor.

I turned to face her a little.

" yes I knew you liked me. I figured that out a long time ago, but I never abused it," I said to her, " I never thought of taking advantage of that."

She had to know I would never intentionally hurt her. That I wasn't manipulative and that I'd never use her like that.

"I meant every single thing I told you on Sunday," she turned to look at me." I really do love you Celeste. More than anything in the world,"I sighed quietly, running my hands through my hair, "If only I could show you how the past few months with you have been for me. How slowly I started falling for you," she looked down at her hands.

I lifted her head up by her chin, because being able to stare into her eyes was making it easier to say all this to her.

" falling for your cute laugh and smile, the greenery of your eyes, your stubbornness and argumentative side," she smiled a little and I smiled too, " I fell in love with every little thing about you, and seeing you everyday felt like some sort of blessing to me,"

She blushed and smiled at me. I carried on staring into her eyes, just taking in everything I could right now. I felt as I was winning her over, and that she was considering forgiving me, which is all I wanted to be honest.

I'm sorry," she let out, " I was wrong about you," she said shaking her head a little, looking embarrassed of herself. I removed my hand from under her chin, " I was so dumb-"

" hey it's not your fault," I reassured her," I know why you felt like you did. But you need to stop thinking less of yourself and understand that I can love you, simply because I want to Celeste. I didn't want to mess around with you, or want anything from you. I just want you to be mine,"

I felt good being able to get that out, and it felt even better knowing that she knew that all now. That this time, there wasn't going to be anything to ruin this. There wasn't going to be any more misunderstandings because she knew the full truth now.

Her smile widened and her cheeks went redder. She started to fiddle with her fingers so I put my hands over hers, and held them in mine.

She looked down at them and her brows furrowed slightly. She lifted my hand up and started to inspect the bruising around my knuckles.

I didn't even notice that yet," shit, that's-"

" I know," she said interrupting me, " I saw it all, someone sent me a video," she smiled, " you didn't need to start a fight you know?"

" of course I did," I told her seriously, " no one gets to talk about you like that. They don't get to make assumptions and call you shit like that. I'd do it again, I don't care,"