Part 11

Mattia pov

Ma called me and told me to pick some things from the supermarket before I came home from school today. We don't have practise on Mondays either, so I was going to get home pretty quickly.

I was on my way back home when I saw a bunch of kids picking on this other smaller one. The smaller kid had long brown wavy hair, and I couldn't help but think that I've seen someone with hair like that before.

I finally realised who the kid was, and they had started to back him up in some alley. I know he didn't like me a lot but that wasn't a reason to leave him here and let him get beat up.

I stopped and parked the car. I ran quickly into the ally and saw them all circling around him.

They were first year high-schoolers and I recognised a few of them since they were on my schools soccer team. I didn't really expect this kind of thing from them, and I was somewhat disappointed. I thought they were good kids.

" check him," one of them yelled, and I noticed Shaun. His older brother was a friend of mine, not a close one, but he was in my grade, and on our soccer team too.

Two other kids snatched max's bag off his back. They started to search through it, " looks like you've not got anything in here we want today,"

Today?

Does that mean this happens often?

" can your poor ass not afford a new pair of cleats yet?" One of the other boys said, and they started laughing at him. It dawned on me then, that max probably never did grow out of his cleats, they stole them from him.

" you're about to get beat up today," Shaun said, hitting his fist against his hand.

I stepped closer to them and they all turned around, hearing the sounds of my footsteps. They all stared at me looking a little frightened, and max looked at me questionably. Probably wondering why I was here.

" what the fuck do you think you're doing?" I asked them all. They didn't answer, all of them stayed quiet. I'm not surprised why, they've seen me mad before and by the expression on my face they could tell I was pissed off.

Shaun finally answered," no-non of your business," he stuttered.

I raised my brow at him slightly, and without any hesitation I picked him up from the back of his shirt, and lifted him to my level.

His legs were dangling around in mid air, and he was trying to break out of my hold," say that again you little shit,"

He visibly gulped, and before I knew it he started crying, literally balling his eyes out.

I pursed my lips so I wouldn't laugh. I was not expecting that at all from him.

I looked at the rest of them, looking at me terrified, " if any of you come near him again," I said pointing at max, " I'll beat the fuck out of you, you got that?" I asked.

They all nodded, furiously. I let go of Shaun , and as soon as I did he ran as fast as he could. The rest followed after him.

I looked back at max, " you good?" I asked him.

He nodded, " yeah," he started to walk out of the alley and I did too, " thanks man,"

For someone who was about to get his ass kicked, he seemed pretty nonchalant.

I nodded at him and we quietly walked out of the alley.

" come with me, I'll drop you off home," I said to him.