Part 16

Celeste pov

Shit I was running late.

I had to get home quickly, but traffic was crazy today. I was almost half an hour late to pick up the kids from mrs Winchesters, and I couldn't call her to tell her I was coming late because my phone had died.

I finally got to my street and I went to Mrs Winchesters, I knocked on her door. She opened it up and smiled at me.

" something you wanted dear?" She asked.

Umm...YES?!? Did she forget I left the kids here or something?

" sorry I'm late mrs Winchester, I'll take the kids now," I told her.

" but they've already left," she said to me, her brows furrowing slighting, " a tall guy came to pick them up and took them back to your house,"

" what?" I asked confused. And panic started to fill me.

She nodded, " yes, he said you were running late so he'd take them off my hands. They all seemed to recognise him, and Max had a key so they went to your house, about 45 minutes ago,"

" oh," I answered, still not knowing what the hell she was talking about, " well thank you," I said to her.

She smiled and closed her door, and I went round to my place.

I opened up the house, and I could hear Ava and Leo laughing crazily from the living room. Max came out of there a few minutes later.

" hey, how come you were late today?" He asked.

" traffic," I answered whilst taking my shoes off, " who brought you guys home?" I asked, walking into the living room, still panicking.

I saw Mattia sitting on the floor with Ava and Leo, drawing cartoons for them on some paper. They were laughing at the funny faces he's was drawing.

I sighed in relief because it was him that had brought them home. My brain didn't let me think he'd do something like that so I got worried as to who did.

" mattia did," max answered shrugging, " he noticed you were late, and he thought he'd pick us up."

I nodded slowly and I walked further into the living room, catching the twins and mattia's attention.

They all waved at me, and I smiled waving back. I went to the kitchen and decided to get dinner ready as soon as I could.

" fuck I forgot to do groceries today," I said holding my head. I was supposed to do them yesterday but it completely slipped my mind.

Max sat up on the counter, " didn't you do it yesterday? Check the fridge,"

I rolled my eyes at him. I'm sure I would've remembered if I went grocery shopping.

" max I didn't-" I stopped when I saw a select few vegetables in the fridge. We had everything that I usually buy and my brows furrowed looking at everything, " did you get these?" I asked him.

" what?" He asked.

" did you do the grocery shopping?" I asked him, closing the fridge.

He shook his head, " no," he stood up next to me, "like I said, you did it yesterday,"

" but I literally remember saying I didn't buy anything yesterday when Ava came into my room asking for cookies, whilst I was tutoring Mattia," I held my head.

Was I going mad or something?

Max opened our food cabinet and I noticed it had been restocked as well," well everything seems to be here," he said looking at it all, " you're probably just thinking about another day,"