Part 23

Mattia pov

I went straight to my room.

I didn't feel hungry or anything.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I had just done, and I palmed my face because I had to deal with the repercussions of my actions now.

I was laying in my bed thinking of how stupid I was for what I did, and how I should have more self control.

Because that wasn't the best time to kiss her at all.

And of course she wasn't going to like it or agree with it because she's a good person. She knows I'm in a relationship, and in her eyes a pretty good one as well.

The fact that I have a girlfriend was enough of a reason to not kiss her. To stay away from her. I can't play Jasmine like that and I can't lead on Celeste either.

I carried on thinking about what I should do now, and I found my eyes starting to get heavy.

The last thought I had before I fell asleep was of her soft lips pressed against mine. And though I knew what I did was wrong, nothing at that second, felt so right.

*****

I woke up to an enormous headache. Thank god it was the weekend because I really didn't have it in me to go to school. It was around 12pm so I decided to get up.

I went for a shower and I went upstairs and sat around the dining table, thinking of what I should eat for breakfast. It was quiet and I figured Ma probably went grocery shopping, and she most likely took Gian with her.

Breakfast suddenly became less important when I remembered what happened yesterday.

I felt trashy because I basically cheated. I palmed my face in embarrassment, and I wasn't sure how I was going to look at either girls in the eye now and act like nothing happened.

I rested my head on the table, finding that somewhat comfortable. A few minutes later I heard someone walk into the kitchen.

" looks like someone's having a bad day," my father said and he started to make himself some coffee, " are you feeling ok?"

" not really," I answered. I guess I could ask my dad for some advice. Him and my mom have been together since high school too, and they got married around their mid 20's. Funnily enough, they were their schools 'it' couple.

" papa how did you know ma was the one?" I asked.

His eyes widened a little and he took a huge slurp of his coffee, " oh boy," he sat down beside me and started to think about it, " that's a...that's a really deep question," he looked at me a little curiously, " why'd you want to know?"

I rubbed my eyes a little, " I'm just going through something at the moment, and I feel stuck. I need some help in finding the right direction to go in," I perched up my elbows on the table, " so how'd you know ma was the one?"

He smiled a little and started to think to himself, " well I couldn't stop thinking about her, despite how much I tried, she was just always on my mind. I use to walk a little faster and bump into her in the corridors at school just so I could see her, and get her attention,"

I smiled a little because I do that a lot with Celeste. It was mainly to walk with her to our next lesson, but I'm sure she hadn't made that correlation yet.

" whenever any of my friends would bring up her name, I'd always look for her in the room, and I'd weirdly start blushing for some reason," he said laughing a little, " whenever I'd spend time away from her, there wasn't anything else in the world I wanted but to be with her again. That's how I knew she was the one,"