Part 5

Celeste pov

I can't find it anywhere.

I've looked around the whole house for it, and not having it in my possession anymore is annoying me.

Where the hell did I lose it?

Someone was knocking on the front door and I checked the time. It was 7pm, meaning I had to stop stressing about my diary, and worry about the other problem I had.

Max had preoccupied the twins with tv, and they were all currently sitting in the living room right now.

I went downstairs and opened the door to see Mattia standing there.

I've had fantasies about this moment, though of course I was more dressed up and I wasn't his tutor but his date for a dance or something. But I guess I'll take what I can get.

" hey," he said smiling and I mentally swooned. It was going to take some time for me to adjust to that.

"Hey," I answered quietly. I opened the door wider for him to walk in.

I went upstairs and Mattia followed after me. I knew it was going to be so awkward having him in my room. I'd rather work on the dining table but I never really knew when mom would decide to come home. I didn't want anyone to question her parenting abilities, or think she was incapable of taking care of us.

Not to mention I didn't want him finding out about anything else. I like him sure, but trusting someone was very different. And I didn't trust anyone enough to know about my personal issues.

I sat down on a chair and he sat in the one opposite me. He started to take some paper out of his bag, as well as a pen.

" so is there any particular area you want to work on first?" I asked him, " anything you're finding difficult?"

He scratched the back of his head, " well all of it to be honest," he said.

I nodded and opened my own pad of paper. If I was going to start from the beginning, I had to plan out how and what I was going to be teaching him first, " that's ok," I told him.

I started to write down all the topics and sub topics in maths.

" so we'll start off with the smaller topics first. And some of the easier ones I feel like you'll be able to pick up," I didn't think he was stupid, or slow. Mattia was quite smart in my opinion, he just needed someone to explain to him properly how to do the work.

He nodded, " that sounds good,"

I stood up to get some of my textbooks and other things, " do you want some water, or anything like that?" I ask him.

He shakes his head and I nodded at him. I found my textbooks and placed them on the desk, getting ready for our first area of study.

I wasn't good with small talk at all so I wasn't even going to attempt that, I knew I'd embarrass myself if I did.

I was set on only talking about work here. I looked at the time and sighed quietly when I realised it was only 7:09pm. These 3 hours were going to pass by really slowly.

****
Mattia pov

"Where were you last night?" Kai asked me, " you normally hang out with us Friday night?"

Him and ale were chilling at my place.

" I told you I had tutoring," I said looking up from my phone, " with Celeste,"

Kai looked at me funnily and him ale looked at each other, " who's celeste?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, " dude the one that's in our English class," I told him, " she literally went to the same middle school as us, how'd you not know who she is?"

He looked up and stroked his chin a little, " ohhh," he said after a while, " the really quiet one?"

I nodded, " yeah,"

" the ones who dad ran-"

I tutted interrupting him, " that's non of our business,"

It's sad that that rumour is still going around. I didn't know if it was true or not but if it was, it wasn't anything to joke about.

"dude why didn't you just ask one of us to help?" ale asked, changing the subject.

" yeah, I'm great at math," Kai said.

" Mr wood asked her to tutor me. And you're literally the last person I'd go to, you can't teach for shit," I told him.

He scoffed, " I doubt this girl can teach better than me,"

" she can," I said to him, " she's way more organised and unlike you she actually knows what she's talking about,"

He rolled his eyes, " whatever," he said waving me off.

It went quiet and I started to think back to that book that I saw yesterday. I've caught myself thinking about it lot since, I just really want to know who it belongs to.

Just thinking about some of the things that were written, gave me a weird bubbly feeling in my stomach. I don't remember the last time I've experienced that, and I don't know why they were having such a big impact on me.

Honestly, I should forget about it. If I think about it, that's an invasion of someone's privacy. And I really shouldn't have read it.

But, if it's about me, doesn't that give me some sort of right to read it?

I don't know, maybe I was just making excuses now.

I told myself I should try and avoid reading it. But I knew already that tomorrow afternoon, when I go to the lost and found room, instead of cleaning up I'll end up reading it again.

*****

Never will I see anything as bipolar as the UK weather