Part 7

Mattia pov

" where are you going?" Kai asked me, " it's break, the hall is this way,"

I nodded, " err...I have to see Mr wood," I lied to him, " I'll see you guys in a bit,"

He nodded and him and ale headed to the hall.

I quickly walked to the lost and found room, something about that book has been bugging me since yesterday and I had a hunch on who it  belonged to now.

I found the book on the shelf. I took out some of the notes Celeste gave me and I held the book and her notes together.

It was a match.

It was her handwriting.

But it couldn't be her. No way would Celeste have a crush on me. She's way smarter, and wouldn't like someone basic like me. Right?

She couldn't be the only girl in this school building with this handwriting, it could be anyone else's.

I thought maybe I'd test it out, and find out whether it belonged to her or not. I walked back out of the lost and found room, and headed to the hall.

" there you are," Jasmine said smiling at me, " where were you?" She asked when I sat down next to her. She held my hand in hers, noticing my confused expression.

" nowhere," I answered, shaking my head. Before she could question me more, one of her friends on our table said her name, and she became distracted and engrossed in another conversation.

I tried listening to what the boys were saying on the other side of the table. I couldn't help but keep sneaking glances every now and then at Celeste. I noticed only a few days ago, she sits in the exact same place everyday, not too far away from us, alone.

She was doing some work, which isn't surprising. I got a little lost in thought just staring at her.

It couldn't be her. She couldn't be the owner of that diary.

*****

Celeste pov

I was rummaging through my locker for it. Maybe if it wasn't at home, I might've left it in here?

I tutted a little exasperatedly, " where the hell is it?" I mumbled to myself.

" lost something?"

I jumped up, getting a little shocked because I didn't know anyone was standing around me. By the sound of their voice I knew who it was too.

I turned around to see Mattia standing behind me.

" errr....yeah," I answered. And I turned back around to my locker, pretending to keep looking inside even though I knew it wasn't in here anymore. I started to think where I should look next.

" need any help?" He asked, and he stood on my left leaning on the locker next to mine.

I shook my head, " no it's ok," I would die if he knew what I was looking for, " thanks for the offer though,"

The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. I groaned internally, because I still didn't have it and I was so sure it was going to be in here.

I picked my English book out from my locker and put it into my bag, I then closed my locker.

" have you tried the lost and found room?" He asked. And he started walking with me. I wondered when he'd start to head off to his own class but then I remembered we shared English and he probably just thought of walking with me, " what you're looking for might be in there,"