Chapter 22: SCARED

I got in my car and drove back to the dorm.

Ceci: You're back early

Ace: And I officially have a boyfriend

Ceci: What?

Ace: Well long story short, his grandparents wanted to pay me to marry him. I told them I wasn't ready for marriage because one I'm not and two we're already together and three they don't know so I had to pretend.

Ceci: AP!

Ace: That's not even the best part, they bought me a tiffany's bracelet

I showed her my wrist

Ceci: It's beautiful

Ace: I know, but now I have a contract to read because it's basically a prenup.

I handed it to her.

Ace: Scale of 1-10 how bad is it?

Ceci: It basically says you can not talk about your relationship in public. You can only talk about it in the privacy of his home. By the end of the year you must be more than boyfriend and girlfriend.

Ace: What?

Ceci: Yeah section one subsection b.

Ace: Highlight that, it's got to be changed

Ceci: Okay, Let's see what else. You've got to have at least two grandchildren. You must wear white at your wedding. You must allow your children to spend summers with grandparents after the age of five. Once you graduate you'll have to move in with Max.

Ace: That's not so bad

Ceci: It gets worse. " If the relationship must come to an end due to mistake on your behalf any and all gifts purchased must be returned. If that is not possible you shall remain in debt until the situation changes. Situation changes include: He finding a different partner, mending the relationship, or one of you moving states/ districts."

Ace: Highlight it

Ceci: Already on it

Can this thing get any worse?

Ceci: "If you are unable to have children, adoption is an option. However, biological children are preferred. If a relationship grows into a marriage, any incident resulting in divorce will be frowned upon. Any holiday listed below shall be spent with the grandparents until the relationship can be broadcasted. Holidays include but are not limited to: Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthday's, Mother's day, The Fourth of July, and Father's day. Once relationship is public, every other holiday will be spent with your family."

Ace: What about the other holidays?

Ceci: It doesn't say

Ace: Is there anything else?

Ceci: There's just one small thing. When you get married you'll have to sign a prenup that basically makes sure you don't get any of their money.

Ace: Highlight, I'm not signing a prenup. That's the one thing my dad warned me about.

I took pictures of it and sent it to Max to explain the highlighted portion would have to change.

Ceci: You should make your own contract since they want to be so uptight.

Ace: You know what, I think I should. Section 1 subsection a. I"M NOT SIGNING A FUCKING CONTRACT. Is this what my life has come to?

Ceci: Seems that way

Ace: This is too much

I took off my shoes and undid my dress so I could put something more comfortable on.