The Hidden Palace

Characters included: Lucy, Emerelda, and Brystal!

Brystal was looking through one of her books she had. She wanted to see what places they should visit and kept looking through it. One caught her eye, she read the paragraph carefully but one sentence stood out to her.

"Those who seek for this mysterious palace, never come back alive."

That one sentence sent shivers down her spine. But, even if the quest sounded terrifying, she wanted to discover this place. She knew she could not go alone. Brystal had to bring a few of the members to come with her.

She knew she could not bring Tangerina and Skylene. They both could find trouble or get distracted by anything new they have found. Brystal wasn't sure about Xanthous though. He has been getting more confident over the year but he could be easy to manipulate. Brystal didn't think she should bring him because just in case something like that happened on their journey. Brystal trusted Emerelda to come with her, she was perfect for the job. But, Lucy...

She considered if she should even bring her with them. Lucy can be really irresponsible at times. But, her magic could help them. It was a tough decision but she has made her choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emerelda was all packed now that she got the news from Brystal. She left Xanthous in charge of everyone in the academy. Emerelda went to the front doors to go outside but Lucy stopped her.

"Where do you think you're going, Miss Stone?" Lucy had her arms crossed.

"What did you just call me?" Emerelda turned around with a puzzled look.

"Look, have you ever thought about when the early bird eats the worm? How the snake slithers around to get his prey? Or when the mama bird throws up her food for the kids to eat?" Lucy asked.

Emerelda stood there, completely confused.

"What does that even mean-" Emerelda got cut off my Lucy.

"What I am trying to say is, you're not going without me! How could you possibly not know what I mean?" Lucy exclaimed.

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT?!" Emerelda yelled out.

"I don't know you're usually smart!" Lucy replied.

Emerelda just sighed and looked back at Lucy.

"Lucy, you can't come with us. Brystal said so.." Emerelda said to her.

"Why?" Lucy asked.

"You are irresponsible!" Emerelda told her.

"How exactly am I "irresponsible"?" Lucy asked once again.

"Hmmm, let's see here. You ruined the dam in the Northern Kingdom and everyone almost died. You made us a horrible dinner that could have almost killed us. You had a lava obstacle course in the academy not too long ago that could have killed anyone. Wow, most of the time you almost kill us.." Emerelda replied to her.

Before Lucy could respond, Brystal came from the hallway and bumped into them.

"I knew it. Let me guess, Lucy wants to come with us?" Brystal asked.

"Yup, Lucy does.." Emerelda answered.

Lucy got on her knees and basically begged.

"Please, please, please let me come! Tangerina, Xanthous, and Skylene can be such a handful together!" Lucy begged.

"Look who's talking.." Emerelda said under her breath.

Brystal was about to walk off with Emerelda but Lucy grabbed her foot and would not let go at all.

"I give up, she is just going to have to come with us.." Brystal told Emerelda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three were now on a expedition to the Hidden Palace. Most of the time, Lucy always complained on how much they walked but it has only been five minutes.

"Are we there yet? I'm getting so bor-" Emerelda threw a bread in Lucy's mouth.

"Score!" Emerelda exclaimed while Brystal laughed along with her.

Brystal would check the map on her book. They were all out of their academy's protection, so they would need to face any dangers headed their way. Emerelda would look around for their safety. Lucy always kept on talking about her past experiences but the two would barely listen since they had to watch out for anything.

The three approached a few goblins coming up ahead and stopped in their tracks.

"Why'd we stop? We can literally kill those guys!" Lucy told the others.

"We can't kill them, we're the Fairy Council.." Emerelda responded.

"So? They almost killed us when we first saw them!" Lucy argued.

"But, rumors would spread saying that we killed innocent creatures!" Emerelda said.

Brystal rolled her eyes and walked past the goblins, they saw her but just stood where they were.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. I thought they would do something cooler!" Lucy exclaimed but got hit by a rock in the face by a goblin.

Emerelda helped Lucy get back up and they both followed Brystal's path.

They all noticed that they were next to the Eastern Kingdom. People came rushing over to greet Brystal but Emerelda shooed them away with a emerald wall she made. Lucy insisted on letting her goose chase them down but the two refused.

The three were in a whole different territory now. They were all under a humongous forest, everything was dark. But, they could see different bright colors lighting up the path they followed. This place wasn't packed with people but creatures they have never seen before. The three kept walking until they saw whole town of mushroom houses. Elves were everywhere!

But, the elves were way smaller then them. Emerelda, Brystal, and Lucy looked like giants. In the distance, they saw a beautiful palace from afar. The palace was very noticeable actually. The palace was covered with flower vines. But, the palace wasn't made by stone but by tree stumps.

"This place is so pretty.." Brystal said in awe.

"I've never seen anything like this before!" Emerelda exclaimed with excitement.

"Probably cause you were in a cave for so many years. You were literally like a bat but a human version," Lucy told her.

Emerelda playfully punched Lucy's arm with a chuckle.

The elves must have noticed them but they didn't look welcoming. Instead they threw rocks at them with anger.

"This is like the second time I got hit by rocks!" Lucy hiding behind Brystal for shelter.

The three started seeing an even taller elf coming their way. She looked like the ruler of this place. She wore a long dress made out of leaves and flowers. The ruler wore a flower crown of royalty. She had a evil look on her face.

"Guards, tie them up in the dungeons. They don't belong here.." The ruler asked the security.

Before the three could respond or attack, they were already tied up.

"I hope Xanthous, Skylene, Tangerina notice our absence..." Brystal thought.

To be continued..