"ah, how is thy mother?"

The little blonde boy peeped his head around the corner, grey eyes fixating on the stairs to the basement aka. cellars. He had never been down there and wondered why. He was always told his father's antique collection of wine and liquor was stored down there, so where was the harm in looking?

So, the young, carefree boy did just that. He was mindful of his steps and made an effort to keep the footsteps to a minimum. He knew he would be in deep trouble if he was caught.

He descended down the stairs quietly as his curiosity peaked even more. He began to hear the faint noise of a hum. He began to follow the hum and as he descended more and more down the elegant stairs the humming became more clear. 

It sounded as if it was a young girl. He finally made it to the bottom and was met with a unexpected sight and it was not antique wine by far. 

It was a red headed girl. The girl had her head between her legs rocking back and forth. She was kept behind the cold metal bars of the basement cellars. Her clothes looked ragged and dirty as if they had never been cleaned. 

The red headed girl heard the presence of the blonde boy and slowly lifted her head from between her legs. As she caught sight of another human being she was quick to crawl into the nearest corner of the cellar in fear. 

The grey eyed boy was deeply confused. Why on earth was there a girl in the basement? But he knew better not to ask questions. He walked closer to the cellar she sat in and began to speak gently-

"There's no need to be afraid. I'm Draco and I'm nine years old." Draco said smugly. "What's your name?" 

"Nadia..." the girl whispered. 

-

Draco's POV:

I remember that day as if it was merely yesterday. I remember regretting not disobeying my mother after she told me I was not allowed to return to the basement. I remember regretting not comforting and playing with the scared girl. I regret not getting Dobby to sneak food done to her. I regret not attempting to get answers. 

I am almost absolute that the girl in the cellar was Nadia Evans. 

I continued to think as I sat in the furthest corner of the Slytherin common room almost out of sight. It was almost mid night when I heard a few footsteps. I  stayed hidden in his corner and saw a silhouette leaving through the portrait. 

I squinted his eyes to capture a better visual of the suspect. Red hair. It was Nadia. What was she doing sneaking out after curfew? Probably something do with Potter. 

I began to walk up the stairs to my dorm where Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle sat on their beds. Crabbe and Goyle were stuffing their face in sweets from Hogsmeade and Blaise was writting a letter to someone.

I walk over to Blaise and look over his shoulder. "What are you writing Zabini?" 

Blaise jumped in fright and turned over the pieces of paper. "Don't sneak up on me like that, Malfoy. I'm just writing a letter to mother." 

"Ah, how is thy mother?"

"She is on bachelor number six." Blaise responded returning to writing his letter. "Quite a wealthy bloke."
"Interesting...ahaha!" I exclaimed as I nicked the letters off Zabini. "What have we got here?" 

"Draco, let it go!" 

"Valerie Huxley? That's the girl in the same dorm as Parkinson." 

"If you must know, Malfoy. I might be starting to fancy her and if you don't mind," he snatched papers back, "I would like to complete my letters."