"we are going to beat up ronald"

Nadia accepted Draco's proposal, they were both hiding their excitement. Nadia didn't really want to go in the first place but maybe going with Draco will make it more appealing. She grew up in a cellar but Draco was raised in high society and attended Balls like this all of the time.

She only hoped that his knowledge of fancy balls would rub off on her. At least one of them knew how to dance.

Christmas was approaching quickly and the interior of Hogwarts had gradually become more festive. Hagrid had cut down the Christmas tree and Flitwick had already began to levitate ornaments on the snowy white tree in the Great Hall.

It was around three days until Christmas and an unsettling realisation came upon Nadia. She had yet to got a dress, shoes or anything in preparation for that matter.

But lucky for her, she had two packages sitting nice and neatly on her bed. One box was significantly smaller than the other. The bigger one was wrapped in brown wrapping paper that was kind of crinkled from the journey.

She opened the brown box first and was met with a note:

Dear Naddy,

During the time we spent together at the Burrow, I was quick to figure out that you don't enjoy big and fancy parties and tight, expensive dresses but I thought you would appreciate this.

Your mother had a predilection for sketching dresses and I was able to get a dress maker to create on in real life for the Yule Ball.

I obviously haven't the faintest idea of the scheme of dress making so Molly helped me with the sizing and special adjustments.

Hope you do like it, Merry Christmas Naddy.

Much love, Remus (dad)

Nadia smiled widely. She tore the special paper protecting the dress and her eyes widened with admiration. She made a mental note to send a thank you note and also send Remus his Christmas present: a selection of fine muggle chocolate delicacies.

Nadia began to open the smaller package. This seemed a lot fancier. Black wrapping paper tied together with an emerald green bow in the centre.

She opened the little box and was her gaze fell onto the most beautiful gold necklace she had ever seen. There was a green jewel prominent and a snake on top connecting the jewel to the chain. It was stunning. Nadia found the note that came with it.

Nadia,

I would love to see you wear this necklace at the Ball.

-D.M

PS. Don't even think about giving it back to me claiming its too much.

Maybe, Nadia will enjoy the Ball after all

-

The afternoon of Christmas Eve, involved everyone strenuously getting themselves ready for the long awaited night to come.