Chapter 1: A Nightmare

Well here I am trying my hand at some MerAdd writing. I've read many awesome ones. Anyway this story may be filled with spoilers and such from the show but they are from practically the very beginning of Greys, so you will have most likely already seen them. This chapter has direct content from Season 2 episodes 25-27. This won't be something that happens regularly but now at the beginning of the story I wanted to include it.

The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants

"Addison doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve any of it." Meredith shouted. "Addison doesn't deserve what?" She heard a voice behind her and her heart sank. This is a MerAdd fanfiction. The story follows Meredith and Addison as they deal with feelings they didn't think they would ever have.

———————————————————————

Chapter 1: A Nightmare

The last couple of days had been a horrible roller coaster. Holding a bomb had been bad but this last week it had been one thing after another. From Burke getting shot to Izzie cutting Denny's LVAD wire to Doc dying to fighting with George to Derek calling her a whore. She had been forced to live a nightmare as if her life had not already been one to begin with. Then Addison had asked her if she was still sleeping with her husband. The hurt and pain that flashed through all of the redhead's features when she told her no and that she was dating Finn made everything even worse.

The last thing was this stupid prom. Because her and her friends decided to cover for Izzie with the wire stuff they had been tasked with coordinating it and assisting. She hated the idea of prom and prom dresses and prom dates. She had not even gone to her actual prom. Finn, however, had been more than happy to be her date and seeing him so excited made her feel a bit better about the whole ordeal.

Cristina and her went online to buy their dresses because neither of them had one for such an occasion. Cristina opted for a dark navy blue one with embroidered flowers while Meredith had chosen a black long dress with some beaded sequences.

"I like it Mer. It's black like our souls." Cristina joked. "Are you ok? I mean after McHot's outburst." She asked more seriously.

Addison and Derek could be heard arguing from the floor below.

'Walk away? That's all I get?' Addison practically yelled.

'Calm down. Just calm down. Please.' Derek pleaded.

'What? What? You're not gonna yell at me? Call me names? Oh I don't know. Ignore me in an elevator?' Addison continued. By that time everyone was watching them from the bottom floor as they continued to fight.

'What do you want from me, Addison?' Derek said softly.

'I want you to care. I sleep with your best friend and you walk away. He comes here from New York and rubs it in your face and still you get a good night's sleep. What do I have to do? Oh I know. Maybe what I should do is go on a date with the vet, because that seems to be something that sends you into a blind rage. Oh, but wait, that won't work either because I'm not Meredith Grey.' Addison responded her voice wavering at the end. Once she was done Derek walked away. She noticed the silence and looked down her eyes landing on Meredith's.

"I... I'm trying to be. Cristina I was trying so hard not to hurt her." Meredith said softly.

"Why?" Cristina asked and Meredith raised a brow as if saying 'why what?'

"Why are you trying to protect her? You've been so strange lately. Did something happen that you haven't told me?" Cristina asked.

"Honestly I don't know." A lie, she knew what was happening. She just did not want to admit it.