Chapter 11: Name Wisdom

To say Cristina was upset was the understatement of the year, she had a headache from lack of sleep and felt like she could drop at any minute. And it was all Meredith's fault or more specifically the idiot redhead's fault. Meredith had been rambling all night long about how angry she was and how sad she was and how confused she was by Addison's behavior. At 3 a.m. she was still droning on and on until Cristina physically lifted her and threw her on the bed. Now she was here waiting for the assignments downing bad coffee next to a pissy and pouty Meredith as if everything was her fault.

"O'Malley with me, Karev with Shepherd, Yang with Sloan, Stevens with Montgomery, and Grey the pit." Bailey listed their assignments.

Cristina watched as Meredith sent a small glare at Izzie as if it were her fault she had been assigned to Addison and began to chuckle. Her amusement died out as Mark waltzed his way over to the group of them remembering what he had said about setting her up with gynie.

"Dr. Bailey. I have a request." Mark grinned, making Bailey roll her eyes.

"And what's that Dr. Sloan?" Bailey gave him an exasperated look.

"Could I have Stevens? Dr. Webber, Stevens, and I were working together yesterday. I want the patient to keep having the same faces around her." Mark gave her a pleading look.

'How very convenient.' Cristina thought to herself rolling her eyes.

"Fine. Stevens, you and Yang switch. The rest of you scurry." Bailey said and with that Mark threw Cristina a wink and left with Izzie trailing behind him.

"Of course." Meredith mumbled.

"Hey, it's not my fault." Cristina groaned.

"I know. Sorry." Meredith said with a small smile.

"I accept the apology along with fries for lunch." Cristina shrugged.

"Fine." Meredith grinned. "I'm also sorry for the not sleeping."

"As long as I get those fries it's fine." Cristina grinned back, making Meredith chuckle a bit, which made her feel a bit better.

Bailey was about to yell at them both for doodling until the distinct sound of clicking heels echoed in the hall. Cristina let out a sigh as she saw Meredith's demeanor revert back to the sad and sappy one from before.

"Morning Miranda. Who do..." Addison began.

"You have Yang. Morning to you too. The rest of you, scram." Bailey said, turning on her heel and leaving with George. Alex left as well leaving Cristina alone with Meredith and Addison.

"Morning, Dr. Montgomery." Meredith smiled a bit.

"Dr. Grey." Was the only greeting Addison gave her turning to Cristina. "Come along, Yang." She turned to leave but Meredith spoke again.

"About Mrs. Burns..." Meredith began.

"Mrs. Burns isn't here. Let's go Yang." Addison interrupted and kept on walking without looking back at Meredith.

Cristina resisted the impulse to hit the attending on the side of the head as she threw an apologetic look back to Meredith, who just shrugged in resignation.

---------------------------------------

Addison was unusually quiet, not that she spoke much to Cristina but still. When she was in her service, the attending would talk about what they would be doing during the day or if not she would be talking about past procedures. Cristina hated the vagina squad but she did not mind it as much because Addison was always eager to teach and her enthusiasm on the subject could be contagious. Today, it seemed, Addison was not up to teaching at all, there was no eagerness, the usual sparkle in her eyes was gone.