Chapter 3: Oh So High

Addison woke up to the knocking on the door with a pounding headache. Squinting her eyes she turned away from the blinding light of the morning sun. She felt a bit nauseous and when she started to push off from the bed to get up dizziness hit her like a train. She was angry at herself for having drank so much that she was feeling like this.

After hearing two more knocks she reluctantly got out of bed and answered the door. She was confused when she saw the room service person smiling at her with breakfast.

"I... uh..." Addison began her voice raspy from sleep.

"This was already paid for ma'am. They said your girlfriend left it for you." The woman said happily.

"What?" That woke her up very quickly.

"May I?" The woman said and Addison backed into the room allowing her to bring the cart in. "Enjoy breakfast. She left this for you. And don't worry I didn't read it." She said with a wink handing her a folded paper and walking out of the room.

Addison stared after her for a moment holding onto the note. She looked back at the cart and pulled it with her to bed, sitting at the edge. She cursed at herself as she tried to recall the events from the night before but could not.

"A girlfriend?" She shook her head.

Then remembered the paper she had in her hand. The 'girlfriend' had left her a note. She unfolded the paper to find a delicately handwritten note.

Morning Addison,
Sorry I couldn't stay until you woke but I had to be in the hospital for rounds and you needed more sleep. Hopefully you're not feeling too sick. I told them to make sure you had a good breakfast and some aspirin. I'll see you at the hospital later. You can give me my shirt then.
(Yours) -> scratched
Meredith

Addison reread the note three more times, still shocked at the discovery. That woman had thought Meredith, her husband's mistress, was her girlfriend. That had to be a joke. There was no way. What could she possibly have done to have someone think she and Meredith were together?

Wait what happened last night?

Frantically she looked about the room looking for signs of anything, really. She looked down at what she was wearing and low and behold she was wearing a shirt that really was not hers. It was a very comfortable Dartmouth shirt, soft from wear. Her hand shot to her mouth in disbelief.

Why am I wearing her shirt? What the hell happened last night?

She really wanted, needed, to find out but first she needed food and the damn aspirin.

———————————————————————

All of Bailey's interns excluding Izzie were in the locker room getting ready. George was in a bad mood because this morning he had had to call a cab to get to the hospital. Alex seemed to be stuck in his head. Meredith was quiet but seemed to have some sort of discomfort. Cristina was the only one acting somewhat normal. They were almost all good to go when George slammed the locker door.

"What crawled up your ass, Bambi?" Alex asked with a raised brow.

"You weren't on call. Where did you sleep? You could've at least told me you weren't going to be home." George said as he turned to Meredith who was gulping some pepto bismol.

"Mer are you ok?" Cristina asked her, eying her suspiciously.

"I think this whole Derek and Finn thing is getting to me. All this stress is giving me an ulcer." Meredith said, hand on her stomach.