Chapter 25: The Proper Date

Insanity was approaching like a train. She was in danger and she knew it. Bordering on the edge of a kind of crazy she wanted nothing to do with. She did not do girl stuff, any of that mushiness, all that preppy girly talk, helping pick out cute outfits, doing each other's hair and makeup, and calming down her bestie before a date. None of that was her. This just was not Cristina Yang's thing. Despite that here she was, wasting the rest of her day off watching Meredith walk out of the bathroom again in yet another change of clothes. If this kept up she was going to go insane.

"What do you think?" Meredith was asking the same stupid question again.

"Looks good." She replied without even looking at her.

"Cristina." Meredith whined.

"You could wear a sack of potatoes and she'd still be drooling over you." Cristina rolled her eyes and looked at her.

"Addison doesn't drool. She's much too refined." Meredith countered with a shrug. "Besides she's the one who'd look stunning in rags."

"You're a moron." Cristina laid back down on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"You're the moron. Stop whining and help me." Meredith groaned.

"I've been helping you. We've wasted two hours already. You've changed, I don't know how many times already." Cristina began to complain. "I don't do this crap. We don't do this crap." She motioned between them.

"This is important." Meredith said, crossing her arms on her chest.

"This is more of a formality. You don't need to try with that woman. She's already completely in love with you, you moron." Cristina snapped again, still she sat up to look at the blonde before she threw another fit.

"So?" Meredith asked after a while in silence.

"I don't know." Cristina sighed. "How many times have you changed?"

"I don't know. Everything looks off." Meredith sat at the edge of the bed staring at her closet, silence enveloping the both of them.

"I guess, I did have a favorite." Cristina said after a moment of watching her person simmer in her moronic despair.

"Yeah?" Meredith turned to face her, her voice lighter than before.

"I liked the cream colored baggy blouse with the tight black pants and the heels." Cristina replied, recalling the third outfit she had worn.

"Really?" Meredith frowned a bit. "Isn't it a little too casual?"

"When you take into account what you're doing after the restaurant, not really. Especially with the heels. Those might be hazardous. But whatever." Cristina began. "I think it's great besides if you leave a few more buttons open..." She winked and wiggled her brows suggestively making the blonde chuckle.

"You're crazy. But I do like the idea. Plus, I can take my flats for later." Meredith said, standing up with a smile and going back to the closet.

After a few minutes she was again dressed in her long sleeved cream blouse, black pants, and black cutout heels. Cristina motioned her to turn around then stood and made her way to her. She shook her head and started to unbutton her blouse brushing away Meredith's hands when she tried to stop her.

"Cristina." Meredith rolled her eyes.

"Stop that. She'll enjoy the view." Cristina winked, making her person chuckle. "Hopefully it's not too chilly. Leave your hair down, it looks nice, and go finish your makeup." She looked over at the clock. "Hurry. You don't have much time. Addison should be getting ready at the hospital already. Amelia said her surgery was almost over a few minutes ago."