Chapter 29: ... A Dream Come True

Another sweep through the guest room where she had stayed at Naomi's and she was ready to go. With her small suitcase and purse in hand, she was making her way down the hallway and towards the stairs, where an annoyed looking Maya was stomping up.

"Aunt Addie can't you stay a while longer?" The young girl whined after taking a look at the suitcase. "I need you to teach my mom how to be cool."

"Don't worry Maya, I'll send her some of my notes on the subject." Addison chuckled and the girl smiled.

"Maybe visit again soon?" Maya's eyes lit up.

"Of course, I'll take some days off and visit soon." Addison smiled and gave the girl a hug. "Don't be too hard on your mom, she's trying. Love you." She said with a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah." Maya rolled her eyes playfully. "Love you too, Aunt Addie."

Addison chuckled and watched the girl make her way to her room for a while before making her way down the steps. She found Naomi in the kitchen huffing and puffing after ending a call and throwing her phone on the counter. Her friend turned to look at her and flinched as if surprised to be caught red handed, which was quite comical.

"You alright there Nai?" She chuckled.

"Fine." Naomi said curtly, her eyes narrowing as she took the suitcase at Addison's side.

"Totally fine." Addison remarked sarcastically before letting out a chuckle.

"Why do you have your suitcase?" Naomi asked.

"Because I'm going home." Addison smiled brightly.

"But the patients—" Naomi began.

"Both mom and baby are ok. I did my job well so you're welcome." Addison smirked. "Don't worry. I'll monitor from Seattle plus I left instructions for the attendings at St. Ambrose."

"Why do you have to go back?" Naomi questioned with a slight frown.

"Because that's where I live. C'mon Nai, don't start." Addison smiled. "I came for one case and not because I was accepting the job. Though I do appreciate the effort you put into it these last two days."

"Addison, from everything you've told me, Seattle is just not for you. It holds too much pain. Why put yourself through it?" Naomi came around the island.

"Nai, from everything I've told you, you should've gathered enough. I don't have to put myself through anything." Addison placed her hand on her friend's shoulder. "Seattle is where my life is. Where the person I love more than anything is. I have every reason to stay there."

"Addie, she's your husband's mistress." Naomi spit out indignantly.

"Was my ex-husband's mistress. And she knew nothing about our marriage." Addison's easy smile evaporated as she stared at her friend, taking her hand away from Naomi's shoulder. "I get that it might be strange but the heart wants what it wants and the reasons aren't always clear."

"This is just some existential crisis." Naomi reasoned. "Why not stay and let things settle? Give yourself some time to think things better?"

"Did everything I said go in one ear and come out the other?" Addison huffed. "There's absolutely nothing to settle. And I've given my relationship with Meredith enough thought. I love her. I am in love with her. So I'm going home to her." She said sharply.

"Addison, this is—" Naomi tried, waving her arms about.

"Naomi, I don't want to fight you about this." She interrupted quickly and let out a sigh. "Honestly, I don't have time to fight about this. The cab should—"