Chapter 10: Bitter

Chapter 10: Bitter

Meredith had slept so well that despite her annoyingly loud alarm there was a smile on her face as she woke up. She went about her morning routine, brushing her teeth, taking a quick shower, and getting dressed and ready for the day, all the while thinking about a certain redhead. Addison made her happy though nothing had actually happened. Well something had. Something had shifted between them, bringing them closer.

Addison had wanted her, she had said that, and the thought of that alone set a whirlwind of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She had never really felt this giddy. Not even when she had the thought that Derek was the love of her life. Of course, she was trying not to jump too far into it yet though, even if her heart seemed to be more than ready. She still had a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that something was up but she was not sure what it was yet so she just brushed it off.

———————————————————————

They had finally managed to convince Izzie to go back to the hospital and today she would be part of the carpool. Thus it came as no surprise when she found her friend downstairs finishing a bash of french toasts. Meredith smiled as she saw some of the perkiness coming back to Izzie's face with each day. Her fellow blonde looked up and smiled pointing at the plates.

"Come on, let's get you fed before we go in." Izzie waited for Meredith to come around the counter to get the plate and then happily pilled some french toast onto it.

"Thanks." Meredith smiled brightly.

"What happened?" Izzie asked, growing suspicious of her smile.

"What do you mean?" Meredith asked back, unable to wipe the grin of her lips as she dug into her breakfast. "Wow, these are awesome." Her voice muffled as she ate.

"I think she's in a very good mood. She was humming when she was going down the stairs." George pointed out as he walked in, going straight for the mountain of french toast and eating them without grabbing a plate.

"Was not." Meredith scoffed.

"Was too." George mumbled between bites.

"Feed me!" Cristina begged as she walked in.

"Here." Izzie chuckled as she made her a plate and handed her the maple syrup she liked so much.

"Thank you!" Cristina chirped as she plopped herself down next to Meredith.

"So... you are her person. Can you tell us what has Mer in such a great mood?" Izzie asked, lifting a brow.

"I just slept well. That's all. I missed working." Meredith tried to defend as Cristina threw her an amused smirk.

"You sure?" Her person asked knowingly.

"Yes, I'm sure." Meredith glared at her playfully. "Anyway, where's evil spawn? We have to go soon." Meredith added, trying to change the subject.

"I'll go get him." George said.

"Where are you going with that cup of water?" Izzie asked, eying him suspiciously.

"I'm just thirsty." George shrugged and walked out of the kitchen.

"That's what he said." Cristina joked sending her two blonde friends into a fit of laughter.

"I heard that." George called which made them all laugh even more.

A little while later they heard shouting and stomping upstairs and they looked at each other in confusion as George burst into the kitchen once more, hiding behind Izzie. A bewildered and clearly angry looking Alex ran in right after, his face dripping water.