Chapter 24: Officially Girlfriends

Addison was in a land far away thinking about Meredith's intoxicatingly addictive lips. The chart she had been working on lay forgotten on her lap as her consciousness drifted into dreamland. She was so lost she failed to notice Mark approaching with the newest addition to Seattle Grace. An addition that Addison had actually been expecting.

"Are you gonna welcome me or are you gonna stay over there in Meredith Land?" The mocking voice of Amelia Shepherd startled her which resulted on her dropping the chart she had on her lap.

"Dammit Amy." Addison snapped looking at her for a moment before realization hit. "Amy! You made it." She added cheerfully with a smile.

"Wow." Amelia pouted.

"Sorry Ames but we lost her a long time ago." Mark chuckled next to her. "Meredith's got her wrapped around her little finger. Though Yang says it's the other way around."

"Shut up, Mark." Addison muttered, making him laugh, before making her way around the counter. "Welcome." She said tightly hugging Amelia, who giggled sweetly in her ear.

"You're sure about this?" Amelia asked for what seemed like the thousandth time.

In the past few weeks every single time she spoke to Amelia the same question would surface. The youngest Shepherd, the one she had adopted more than willingly as her sister, still worried about how her relationship to Derek could affect her. If Addison was being honest before seeing her again she wondered if she would be ok having Amelia so close. But when the trial came she had been more than happy to have her funny filter lacking but overly loving little sister. So yes, she was absolutely sure about having her here now, which she had told her every single time they spoke.

"Amelia Frances Shepherd stop asking me the same stupid question. You're worse than a broken record." Addison huffed and linked her arms with the brunette's. "Now, let's go. I wanna give you a tour."

"Mark already showed me around while you were off fantasizing with your little blonde." Amelia smirked.

"Ok, you can leave now. And she's not little." Addison rolled her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest. She tried and failed to hide her slight embarrassment, her cheeks heating up quickly.

"Addie?" Amelia's smirk softened into a smile and Addison hummed in response. "I finally get to work with you. How I promised I would all those years ago before I went and got myself..."

"Stop." Addison knew her well enough to know where the conversation was headed. "You're here now and you're ok."

"I'll make you proud." Amelia smiled, smugly lifting her chin up.

"What are you talking about dummy? I already am. I have the strongest sister in the whole world." Addison smiled as the brunette beamed, both a bit teary eyed.

"Learned from the best." Amelia winked.

"Alright you two stop that." Mark said motioning between them. "I still haven't taken her to the attending's lounge."

"What a useless guide." Addison shook her head.

"Hey." Mark protested.

"I know right." Amelia shook her head along with the redhead.

"Hey." Mark repeated once more while Amelia and Addison turned giggling together. "I'll remember this." He added with a small mocking frown.

"Come on, Mark." Addison said feigning annoyance. The three laughed together and made their way to the lounge.

***