Chapter 20: I'm Ok

Chapter 20: I'm Ok

"Hello, Meredith."

"Derek?"

The blue eyed neurosurgeon had cornered her in one of the deserted halls at the back of the hospital as she made her way back to the surgical floor. Reflexively she tightened her hold on the chart she was carrying as she met his gaze. Meredith resisted the urge to strike him right there as she recalled the fear flashing through Addison's eyes the previous night.

"Hi." He simply said, McDreamy smile on and not a hair out of place.

His perfection was a mask, covering all the ugliness hidden within. She beat herself over not looking past it. For allowing herself to give into his charms when she had. She had been so eager and he had been so insistent. Still that was no excuse.

"What are you doing here?" She said tight-lipped.

"No hello? Come on Mer. You love me. I know you do." He continued to smile sweetly but she could see something shift slightly in his eyes.

"You should leave." She replied coldly and began to turn to walk away.

"Meredith." His voice came out firm and she faced him once more. His tone sounded like a warning but she paid it no mind as her own rage began to bubble up.

"Look, Derek, you are not supposed to be here. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want you near me, let alone her. And do me a favor and lose Addie's number." She seethed, unable to contain her ire.

That had apparently been the wrong thing to say though because as soon as the words left her mouth his palm connected swiftly with her face. He slapped her with such force that when her head jerked to the side and she hit the metal shelving lining the hall. Immediately blood began oozing from just below her hairline.

"What the fuck, Derek?" She snapped at him, her hand shooting up to where the blood was flowing out. She knew she should be feeling the pain but she was too worked up, too angry to register any of it.

"I only want to talk to you. Why won't you let me?" He spat angrily.

"I don't want to talk to you!" She bit right back. "Addison is safe so you can't use her as a bargaining chip. And I swear to god Derek if you so much as look at her..." She began and he took a step towards her getting dangerously close.

"What, sweet, sweet, Meredith? What the hell will someone as insignificant as you do?" He snarled, closing in even more. What swirled in his eyes was something more than anger, it was deeper, and it was starting to scare her more than she cared to admit.

"Whatever." She pushed past him. "Leave Addison alone. Leave us both alone." She added and started to walk away once more.

Something about him made her nervous and while she was not up to showing it, she was not stupid enough to stay. She was done with him but apparently he was not done with her.

He grabbed a fistful of her hair and dragged her back towards the shelves. She dropped the chart and started to fight him off but he grabbed her wrist and bent it. She yelped in pain as he slammed her back to the wall pinning her wrist above her head.

"Let me go!" She yelled.

"I want to talk to you. I want to apologize. Why won't you fucking let me?" He said, his eyes cold and devoid of the McDreaminess everyone had come to know.

"This is how you apologize? You're about to break my wrist. Let. Me. Go!" She continued to fight and kick but nothing was working. The look in his eye suddenly changed as he focused on the blood dripping down her face.