Chapter 19: Fine

Chapter 19: Fine

The movie had barely been playing when Addison's breaths even out next to her as she fell into a deep sleep. The blonde just watched her and smiled, rolling her eyes and chuckling lightly as the redhead reflexively tightened her hold on her when she went to move.

"Don't need a living pillow, my ass." She whispered as she recalled Addison's words when Meredith offered herself as a cuddle partner.

"No, thank you. I can sit here. I'm fine. I don't need another pillow." Addison said as she settled next to Meredith on the bed pulling the covers over both of their legs.

"I'm a living pillow though. I come with perks." She countered with a smirk.

"I don't need a living pillow either. I'm fine" Addison said as she let out a yawn.

"Suit yourself." Meredith shrugged.

"I will." Addison let out with a pout, which Meredith thought was one of the cutest things the redhead ever did. She now lived for her pouts and her giggles, which did not come often. As well as those times when she smiled and her eyes would crinkle at the corners and sparkle a bit.

She started to fantasize with Addison's smiles when Addison cleared her throat and looked at her a bit confused.

"Are you going to watch it sitting up? It's three in the morning and you have to work in three hours." She asked quickly and raised a brow as she leaned back on the head rest and faced her.

"You too." Addison simply said looking back at her.

"Whatever." Meredith sighed.

"That's right." Addison looked towards the tv.

"You're very snippy when you're sleepy huh? Like a toddler." Meredith giggled.

She had no idea what had come over her, really. A few days ago she would not have dared speak to Addison like this. Not too long ago any conversation with the redhead made her nervous, too nervous. Not too long ago the only thing she could do was observe her from afar. But now. Now Addison had protected her. Now the redhead had slept in her arms. Now here she sat on her bed annoying her because it was fun and she enjoyed the look on her face.

"Am not." Addison rebuked.

"Are too." Meredith chuckled.

"Am not." Addison fought back.

"Are too." Meredith smirked.

"Are you going to play the movie? Or do I have to sleep over at Mark's?" Addison scowled.

"I thought you didn't need to cuddle. Besides, you like me too much to leave me." Meredith remarked and at that Addison went to get up. The blonde moved quickly and grabbed her hand. "No, Addie no."

The cold glare Addison gave her made her chuckle in spite of herself and the redhead went to leave once more.

"I am better than Sloan..." Meredith chuckled a bit and raised her brow. "Addie, I'm sorry. Stay." She began to sober up, still unable to keep the smile from her face, which was not helping her case with the redhead, who kept trying to pull away. "I'm done. Please don't leave me." She begged a bit more seriously, with a small hopeful smile, which seemed to do the trick.

Addison let out a sigh and shook her head but settled once more next to Meredith. The blonde's smile only grew as the redhead turned to look at her.