Chapter 4: Your Turn

Addison was oh so grateful for George's obliviousness when Meredith mentioned the shirt. He chucked the comment to the morphine as the blonde intern giggled sweetly when he wheeled her away. She could hear giggles and humming all the way down the hallway as George took the girl to the OR.

The redhead relaxed for all of one minute before Alex came to hound her for not answering her page. Her pregnant patient was really going to need the C-section. So instead of heading over to watch Meredith's surgery, as she had originally intended, she went the other way towards her patient.

The surgery went well and word through the grapevine was that Meredith was also well, even when George had been the one to do most of the appendectomy. She was sitting at the Attending's lounge with Meredith's shirt in her hands trying hard to remember what had happened the night before. She was getting glimpses but they were out of context so she had really no idea what had gone on.

She remembered the park and the rain and the fact that she said 'pretty eyes' then she also remembered asking Meredith to come up with her. After that though it was just the glimpses. Walking into the room and throwing herself in the bed. Meredith standing in front of the bathroom door. Getting tucked in. Her eyes. Her smile.

Addison was so lost in thought that she did not notice the pair of blue eyes studying her. She was still clutching the shirt when she finally sensed she was not alone. Looking up she found Derek sitting across from her.

"Jesus Christ, Derek!" Addison exclaimed startled. She fought the urge to tuck the shirt she was holding under her and just looked at him.

"Sorry." Derek continued to look at her as if sizing her up or so she thought.

"What?" She asked annoyed.

"So did you bring Mark here to make me jealous? Because I gotta tell you Addison," he tsked and shook his head. "That won't work on me at all. I don't love you anymore."

Addison looked at him first shocked and then amused. She began to chuckle until she was full out laughing. Derek on the other hand looked puzzled by her reaction.

"You..." She chuckled some more. "You think I'd lower myself that much? Derek... c'mon." She continued to laugh. "You thought I brought Mark here to make you jealous?" She shook her head and tried stifling her laughter. "Your ego is getting too big there. It's clouding your judgement."

"I'd say." Mark said walking in. "Hey Red." He greeted her.

"Hi Mark. Now do tell, what are you doing here?" She directed towards him after Derek stayed quiet.

"I came for you. Since you won't come back I thought I'd bring myself here to make it harder for you to say no." Mark said with a smile.

"You sicken me." Derek said as he walked by him purposely bumping into him.

"Oh, Mark." Addison chuckled lightly and shook her head.

"What?" He said rubbing his shoulder. "Isn't he all over that blonde girl. Why's he mad?" He asked with fake innocence.

"You sure are something." Addison scoffed.

"What's that in your hands?" Mark asked as he walked towards the couch she was sitting on.

"Just a shirt that I have to return." She replied while getting up and flattening her white coat.

"Addison let's go get a drink." He suggested as she walked by him.

"No thank you." She replied sweetly.

"Ah c'mon Addie. Let's go." He begged.

"No." She replied.