Chapter 23: Wait For Me?

A month. It had been a month and it had been rough. Sleeping away from each other had been quite the ordeal. The bed felt too big and the room too cold and too quiet. It was stupid, needing someone so much that sleeping, breathing, was hard. However, they had managed, almost giving in a few times but reigning themselves in and sticking with it.

Addison recalled the beginning of this test of courage and determination. The second night away from each other she had a nightmare that woke her up with a jolt in cold sweat and trembling. She had called Meredith and they stayed on the call the whole night. The snores from the blonde coming through the receiver helping her fall back asleep. There had a been a few more nights after that where they would sleep with the phone on speaker on their pillows.

More than a few times Meredith gave her puppy eyes and she had no idea how she had managed to say no but she did. The whole thing was tough but they made it work despite the need to be together. It was not as if they were completely away from each other. They did work in the same hospital so they practically saw each other every day. Though Bailey had taken it upon herself to not have them work together. It was fine though, she understood the resident's reasons even if she did not like it.

Sitting at her desk she busied herself with some last minute notes she wanted to add to her patient's charts. Once finished she closed the chart letting out a soft hum as she leaned back on her chair and closed her eyes.

"I miss you." Addison smiled as she heard the familiar voice with the familiar whiny tone coming from the door.

"Meredith, hi." She smiled as she sat forward again and looked at the blonde.

"Hi." Meredith smiled softly.

"I miss you too..." Addison said as she stood, collecting her things.

"But not yet." Meredith supplied when she stopped.

"Not yet." Addison smiled at her and chuckled at her pouting face. "I could kidnap you on your breaks?"

"Yeah?" Meredith stopped pouting and smiled.

"We do have an on-call room." She smirked.

"I suppose we do." Meredith smiled a bit as Addison approached.

She looked somewhat dazed and Addison chuckled internally at how easily she could have the blonde melting at the palm of her hand.

"We... you... you should go." Meredith stammered out.

"Throwing me out of my own office? Not very nice, Grey." Addison chuckled and led her out locking up after herself.

"The faster you leave the faster you get home and the faster you get home the faster you sleep and the faster you sleep the faster you wake up and," Meredith went off on a rambling fit that she found adorable as they made their way to the lobby, "and the faster you wake up the faster you come back and I get to see you again."

"You've given this much thought, haven't you?" Addison chuckled.

"Is it weird that I have?" Meredith asked innocently.

"Yeah, it is." Someone else responded for her.

"Hello, Yang." Addison chuckled again at Meredith's glaring towards Cristina. "Good job today."

"Hear that? I'm better than you." Cristina shrugged as she threw Meredith a look.

"I'm better than both of you together." Mark joined in, materializing himself next to Addison.