Chapter 20: danielle

Nicest thing: Kate Nash

Simple as this: Jake Bugg

Grenade: Bruno Mars

Halo: Beyonce

Dream: Priscilla Ahn

Arcadia: the tight string tangle

Wait: m83

Not about angels: Birdy

stephanie
That fucking idiot! How could he be so stupid to ignore me because of some stupid secrete? I walk into my house and stomp off my feat on the mat.
"Stephanie?" Someone says.
"Umm...hello?" My aunt comes walking up to me and I hug her, she smells like an expensive perfume, considering she's filthy rich. She doesn't even help out my mom with taxes or anything. We struggle paying bills and even for our house.
"How are you dear?" She asks, as she kisses my cheek, which leaves a red lipstick stain there.
"I'm..I'm okay." I tell her. She smiles and grabs my hands.
"Stephanie, I'm afraid I have some bad news." She sighs. I stare at her smoky eyes and take a deep breath.
"Your mother was killed in a car accident last night."
My hands slowly pull away from her grip, as I fall to my knees. Hot tears stream down my face as my aunt just stands there, looking at me.
"I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE!" I scream, as I walk out the door with no one coming after me. I start to walk down the street, with my arms crossed across my chest. Why does this happen to me? Why me? Life really just wants to fuck me up, doesn't it? I stop my walk after 15 minutes, when I arrive at a familiar house.
Coles house.
I smile at the memory of his house, and start to step onto the passageway to his door.
Do i really want to do this?
Yes. I do. I continue to walk up to his door, and I ring the doorbell. Cole answers the door and looks me over.
"What happened to you?" He asks me. I don't say anything, and just hug him. He rubs my back as I take in the scent of his shirt.
"Can I stay here for a little? I need to cool off." His eyes go wide, and smiles.
"I..um..if you want...I guess." I nod and walk inside his house. He guides me through the hallways if his house, and as we pass the living room I swear I see....no. It can't be. I stop and look into the room.
"Matt?" I say. He turns around from where he's sitting and he frowns.
"What..how..what are you doing here?" He stutters.
"I needed to get away." I say, as Cole wraps his arm around my waist.
"Why didn't you call me?" He asks. I shake my head and walk into the room.
"What are you doing here!" I ask him.
He sighs and leans back on the couch. "The only way I can get Cole to not tell my secrete, is if I pay him. And..and Amy." He says.
"What the hell! Is your secrete that bad?" He nods, and Cole sits down in a chair.
"Amy's coming over. She wants her money." He says. I sit down in a chair too.
"I don't think you should-"
"I'm staying. I'm not leaving until I know your secrete." Matt grunts and Cole chuckles.
"Fine. You might be here a while." Cole laughs. Ten minutes later Amy walks into the room.
"Why are you here?" She asks. Cole looks at her and motions her to sit down.
"She wants to know the boys secrete." She laughs and takes a seat.
"You want to know his secrete? Have the cops on speed dial." She chuckles.
"No..don't call the cops." Matt says.
"Just tell me!" They look at each other and look down.
"Fine." Cole says.
"It was last year."
--------flash back--------
matthew
"You want another drink?" I ask her, as she sits on my lap. My girlfriend. My lovely girlfriend who I love ever so much, Danielle. She was gorgeous. She had brown hair and blue eyes, and an even prettier personality. She was who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. She shakes her head and smashes her lips onto mine. Things get heated fast, as she starts to take off my shirt. I pull her hands down and pull away from here.
"Not here." I say to her. She laughs and walks away, blending into the crowd. I stand up from the couch and try to find her, but I'm stopped by Amy.
"I wouldn't go looking for her." She smirks.
"Why not?" I try to push past her, but she won't let me go.
"Where is she!" I yell. I try even harder to get past her, and I finally push through her. She follows me as I make my way through the crowd.
"She's in the basement. With Cole." I shake my head as I make my way to the basement door.
"I wouldn't look if I were you." She says. I open the door, only to see that Amy was right.
There's Danielle, shirtless, and sitting in the couch with Cole.
"WHAT THE FUCK!" I yell, as I push Cole off of Danielle.
"She came to me, loner!" He yells at me.
"You better fucking stay away from her." I threaten him.
"Or what? Your gonna hit me?" He says. He grabs Danielle by the wrist and pulls her close to him, and her lips curve into a smile.
"She's fucking drunk." I say to him. He throws her at me, and I catch her in my arms.
"We're going home." I tell her, as I slip her shirt on. I grab her hand and pull her to my car. She slides into the passengers seat and crosses her arms.
"I wanted to stay."
"If you stayed you would probably be passed out on the couch."
"I can take care of my self." She says. I roll my eyes and start driving down the high way, her rambling on and on about how she can handle a party. I start to turn on a road, and I guess I make to sharp of a turn.
Glass comes flying onto me, as multiple sharp pains run through my body. My leg feels like it's melting, but I can't give out just yet.
"Danielle?" I say. No response. I open the car door, and immediately fall to the ground. I get up again, holding onto the car for support.
"Danielle!" I scream. No response.
"Danielle!" I scream again. I'm pushed back when I hear a loud bang.
Then crackling.
Then that sort of clinging noise.
It's hard to describe, because there was so much going on.
But one thing I know was going on, was that the car was up in flames, and Danielle was still inside.