Chapter 5: snow

matthew
Each snowflake is different. Some have this crazy sick pattern that looks like an angel, and some just have a pointy edge that you barely even get to see because it dissolves in your hand. I like to compare snowflakes to people. Every person is different, and you get to see that when you really get to know a Weston, like when you really get to see a snowflake.
But if you just let that person go, they'll just dissolve in your hand and you never get a chance to see what they look like. Like some people just simply float away from you in the wind while other stick to your winter jacket. You see what I mean. So I guess that's what it's like with me and Stephanie.
I got to know her and she's different then anyone else, and hasn't dissolved in my hand. We'll not yet at least.
I walk into art class and sit next to Stephanie. She's wearing a this half zipper jacket thing from pink and leggings. She looks pretty.
"You look pretty today." I quickly cover my mouth, not meaning to say that out loud.
"OOOH! Matt you have a crush on her!" Jake says.
"Just because I said she look sped pretty means I have a crush on her." He smiles and nods.
"Jake you look pretty today." His eyes go wide.
"I don't have a crush on you though." He looks away, everyone staring at him.
"You think so?" She says. I nod and smile. I continue to draw in my book.
"So what are you drawing today?" She asks. I smile and cover my book.
"A snowflake."
"Why?"
"Because they're all different."
"Just like everyone in the world." We both mumble. I look at her and she looks at me,as smiles spread across our faces.