Chapter 32: "heyyy babbbby!"

stephanie
"Want to hang out with me, Ellie, and the Jacks?" Sammy asks me, placing his arm around around my shoulder. I laugh and move his arm away.
"I can't. I have to go do something." I say.
"Yo, is she coming or not?" Jack yells.
"Please?" Sammy pouts. I shake my head.
"Go. Have fun!" I laugh, and push Sammy towards them.
"See you later!" He says, and trots off to Ellie and the Jacks. I walk to the sidewalk and sit on the curb, pulling out my phone from my bag. I dial his number and hold the phone up to my ear. After about 3 rings, he picks up.
"Heyyy babbby!" He slurs. I shake my head.
"Matt? Are you drunk?" I ask him through the phone. He groans.
"Nooo babbby nooo." He says.
"Matt, who are you with?" I ask him.
"Haa ha what?" He slurs again.
"Who the fuck are you with?" I yell.
"Nooo onnnneee." He laughs. I hang up the phone and pull up Nash's number on messages.
Stephanie: you need to fucking pick Matt up from wherever he is
Nash: matts with me calm the fuck down bitch
Stephanie: don't tell me your with him
Nash: maybe I am. Who cares
Stephanie: I do because he's my boyfriend
Nash: lol what do you want me to do
Stephanie: get somebody who's sober and get out of there, Nash
Nash: lol no ones sober
Stephanie: call someone Nash!
Nash: who
Stephanie: Cameron?
Nash: ha ha fineee
I click out of my phone and rest my head in the palms of my hand.
"Stephanie?" Ellie asks. I turn around and see her looking at me, worry in her eyes.
"Oh, hi Ellie." I say. Picking up my bag and standing up. She's about my hight, and she has brown hair with hazel eyes.
"Aren't you supposed to be with the Jacks and Sammy?" I ask her, as I follow behind her. The warm sun goes into my eyes, as I cover it with my hand. She sighs.
"All they do is play video games, and as much as I love video games, I can't take there yelling into the tv." She confesses. I laugh and check the time on my phone. 5:00.
"Steph?" She asks.
"Hm?" I say, realizing that she just asked me a question.
"I said, who were you talking to?" She smiles as we turn down a road.
"Oh, um, it was just my boyfriend." I say.
"Matt? What's wrong with him? You seemed stressed." She asks.
"He..he was..he was pretty drunk." I tell her.
"Drunk?" She asks.
"Mhmm." I say, biting my lip.
"How? Why?" I shrug.
"I don't know. I just know that he was with Nash, and he was drunk to. I told him to call Cameron to pick them up, but I have no clue if they actually did it." She nods, and we start walking up a driveway.
"Who's house is this?" I ask.
"Gilinsky's she smiles. I follow her up the steps and she opens the door as if it were her own house. All you can hear is yelling and gun shots. Loud rap music blasts through the house, and I cover my ears because it was so loud.
"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?" I yell, walking into his room. Johnson's sitting on the bottom bunk, Jack on the top, and Sammy on a bean bag. Jack pauses the game and the other two groan.
"I was about to beat the level!" Johnson whines, throwing the controller on the ground. Ellie sits down on one of the other bean bags and sighs.
"We need to show Stephanie around!" She says. They all look at me and I smile.
"That would be fun..right?" They all laugh and Jack climbs down from the top bunk.
"Yeah, okay. Get in the car everyone." And we all head out to his car.