Chapter 8: want to cut class?

stephanie
So does this mean were dating? What does this mean?! Boys are way too confusing. I'm in first period when I get a text from Matt. The stupid old teacher doesn't even notice so I pick up my phone to see what he said.
matthew: want to cut class;)
idk what would we do
matthew: its a surprise
fine we can go 2 period
matthew: perfect:))))
"Stephanie." My friend Megan nudges me.
"Huh?" I look up to see the whole class staring at me.
"Um...it's my....mom?" Everyone laughs and goes back to there work. Thank god first period is over! Now where's Matt? I go to my locker and see Matt.
"Ready?" I nod.
"Ready. This better be worth missing a lesson and my grades being low." He laughs.
"Way worth it." Matt and I scurry into the bathrooms and wait a couple minutes into second period to come out.
matthew: ready?
ready!
We both run out of school with our backpacks on and run to Matts car. We get In and Matt sits in the drivers seat out of breath from running.
"Your a baby!" I playfully punch his shoulder.
"I do skip gym class everyday." He smiles. Matt starts driving to my house. Why my house? Is this why were skipping class?
"Get your bathing suit." I smile.
"Yay!" I run up stairs and put on my bikini. It's this pink floral top and white bottoms. I picked it up on clearance at kohls last year. I walk down the stairs and back to Matts car.
"Damn." He says. I smile. When Matt compliments me I feel so happy. It makes me feel so confident.
"Are we going to the pool?" I ask him.
"Nope." He makes a turn down a street.
"Water park?"
"No." I sigh. I look out the window until I finally see where he's taking me.
"The beach!" I yell.
"Yep!" He laughs. He parks the car and takes out towels, chairs, and an umbrella.
"Is it okay if my friend is meeting us here?" I nod. I really hope it's a boy and a girl, it would be awkward if 2 boys were just staring at me in a bikini all day.
"They're here!" Matt says, pointing to the jeep. A boy and girl jump out of the car and start walking towards us.
"Hey!" The boy says. I wave at both of them.
"Stephanie this is Hamilton." He shakes his head.
"Call me Nash." He says. I nod.
"And that's Hannah."
"Hi!" She beams.
"Hi!" I say back. I think we'll be great friends. Hannah and I sit on the chairs while Matt and Hamilton, I mean Nash, swim in the ocean.
"So how's Matt?" She asks me.
"What do you mean?" I ask her. She laughs.
"Isn't he your boyfriend?"
"No..we'll...it's complicated." She smiles.
"I get it. I didn't know if Nash and I were drains until one day he just called me his girlfriend." I smile at her.
"That's sweet." She laughs.
"I guess."
"Have you guys, ya know, ever done it?" Her cheeks turn bright red.
"Uhh yeah." I laugh and she just blushes like crazy.
"Come in the water!" Matt yells.
"No!" I yell back.
"I didn't take you out of school for you to sit in the sun!" I sigh.
"Fine! But you have to come get me!"
matthew
I run out of the water and walk over to Stephanie. Her gorgeous swim suit goes perfectly with her blue eyes and her long hair.
"See it's so much nice- AHHH!" I pick her up over my shoulder and run into the ocean. She kicks and pounds my back but I don't mind.
"Don't you drop me Matthew." She warns. I lower her down my back and she grabs my butt to keep her from slipping off.
"I never told you you could grab my ass. That's my job." I set her down and grab hers, and she jumps.
"Matthew!" I shrug and she swims off, me chasing after her. I grab her wrist and pull her close to me.
"You can't leave me now." I tell her, pushing her hair behind her ears. I lean in and close my eyes. I softly place my lips on hers, and they move in sync. I slip my tongue in her p mouth and she wraps her arms around my neck. She smiles and pulls away.
"So were a thing now?"
"Oh we've always been a thing Stephanie Brooks."